Photo
- - - - -

Alshon Jeffery to Panthers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#41 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

It has nothing to do with being from USC, I'm just not as in love with him as the Gamecock fans here.

I don't want Coples, didn't want Quinn or Loafholt when he came out. Thought AP was too risky given his injury history, etc.

Adrian's Injury History? He was injured two times in college. Everyone thinks he was injury prone in college, when that is simply not the case. If you are an OU fan like I am, you know these things.

He played every game his freshman year. No injuries.

He played every game his sophomore year (had an ankle sprain for 3 games, but still played).

His junior year, he had the freak injury after 6 games where he dived into the endzone and broke his collar bone.

We are talking about a running back.. his knee's, his ankles, his feet are all perfect. Why in the world would you not want us to draft Adrian, other than the fact that we already had DeAngelo? Adrian was the surest thing at RB since... hell, no RB looked as NFL ready as Adrian did coming out.

HoF'r Marcus Allen said that Adrian Peterson was the first RB he has ever seen that looked like he could have come out of high school into the NFL.. he was that gifted.

Edited by Lout, 03 November 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#42 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Blackmon please

#43 kdrh5

kdrh5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

Off-topic, I think Marcus Lattimore would be a top 15 pick if he were able to enter the draft this year.

#44 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

WR may not be the biggest need, but if we are picking in the top 5, you cannot reach on a DT or LB if no one is worthy of the pick. You take Blackmon and focus on defense for the rest of the draft and FA.

#45 Jesse

Jesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

WR may not be the biggest need, but if we are picking in the top 5, you cannot reach on a DT or LB if no one is worthy of the pick. You take Blackmon and focus on defense for the rest of the draft and FA.

I agree Blackmon should be rated over Jefferey. However.. Top 5?

We'd pick 7th if the draft was tomorrow. Seattle, Denver, and Cleveland look like they'll fall below us which will leave us around 10.

#46 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

I agree Blackmon should be rated over Jefferey. However.. Top 5?

We'd pick 7th if the draft was tomorrow. Seattle, Denver, and Cleveland look like they'll fall below us which will leave us around 10.

It was meant more of a hypothetically speaking. I was saying we shouldn't reach on a Brandon Thompson/Zach Brown if we are picking very high in the draft.

#47 nickzz

nickzz
HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

we have two 2nd round picks. blackmon, jeffery, broyles, floyd, toon etc won't all be picked in the 1st round will they?

#48 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

When did we pick up an extra second round pick?

News to me.

#49 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

Either Jeffery or Blackmon or noone. We already have "a bunch of young guys with loads of potential" at the WR position. Either take someone with superstar potential or don't take anyone at all.