Photo
- - - - -

NFL Turning Point: Panthers vs Vikings (Video)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

#2 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

Awesome video.

But supremely depressing.

That goddamn holding call.

#3 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

Coach Rivera will talk about Cam to anyone who will listen. I'm willing to bet he's driving his wife crazy. Lol

#4 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,161 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

i DVRed this last night. thanks for allowing me to watch at work.

#5 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,873 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

All things considered, Rivera's got to be ecstatic with how things have turned out for him. Passed over for years as a head coach, he finally gets a chance, and lands a potential superstar QB as his first draft pick. Talk about winning the lottery.

#6 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

really great segment put together but watching ponder walking off our field smiling made me sick

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,707 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

i cant wait to see us on more premier NFL films.

#8 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

That was nice except for the loss. Having not seen the final drive, I didn't realize Cam got down to the 1 yard line.

#9 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

I'm glad Rivera doesn't blow up on his players during the game and probably not too many times off the field. I think he saw what happen in Chicago with Ditka. Watching the NFLN Football life shows that his act of blowing up on players for not doing it his way got old after the Super Bowl and the players started to hate him.

#10 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,873 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

I'm glad Rivera doesn't blow up on his players during the game and probably not too many times off the field. I think he saw what happen in Chicago with Ditka. Watching the NFLN Football life shows that his act of blowing up on players for not doing it his way got old after the Super Bowl and the players started to hate him.

Greg Olson did an interview a few days ago and said that Rivera had a great reputation with his former players in Chicago, and that he really enjoyed playing for him now. Ron comes across as being a straightforward and honest coach, who doesn't play head games with his players.

He asks for their best effort and lets them know when they don't live up to it, but doesn't put them down when their best effort lets him down. All you can ask for is execution and effort, can't manufacture talent out of thin air, and I think some coaches buy into their own motivational hype and believe they can make subpar players play like Pro Bowlers every game.

#11 pdandy1994

pdandy1994

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

the more i see that "hold" the more i wanna throw my laptop at a wall

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,082 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

Players got tired of Ditka's narcissism, Rex Ryan reminds me of Ditka soon the players will get tired of him as well.

#13 t48

t48

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

That was nice except for the loss. Having not seen the final drive, I didn't realize Cam got down to the 1 yard line.

Yep first and goal should have been our situation. We would have won that game but the officials made certain that we didn't. I sense conspiracy by the league. There I said it! :prrr:

#14 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

Cam Newton is the best thing that has ever happened to this organization. I can't imagine us not winning a super bowl under his leadership at some point in his career. It took Rivera 3 years to get San Diego to the #1 Defense in the NFL. If he can do anything close to that with our team, then we will be VERY hard to beat. I am so happy to be a Panthers fan.

#15 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

What a crappy holding call

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.