Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL Turning Point: Panthers vs Vikings (Video)

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[yt]RkzTvLn_Htg[/yt]
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Awesome video.

But supremely depressing.

That goddamn holding call.

Posted · Report post

Coach Rivera will talk about Cam to anyone who will listen. I'm willing to bet he's driving his wife crazy. Lol

Posted · Report post

i DVRed this last night. thanks for allowing me to watch at work.

Posted · Report post

All things considered, Rivera's got to be ecstatic with how things have turned out for him. Passed over for years as a head coach, he finally gets a chance, and lands a potential superstar QB as his first draft pick. Talk about winning the lottery.

Posted · Report post

really great segment put together but watching ponder walking off our field smiling made me sick

Posted · Report post

i cant wait to see us on more premier NFL films.

Posted · Report post

That was nice except for the loss. Having not seen the final drive, I didn't realize Cam got down to the 1 yard line.

Posted · Report post

I'm glad Rivera doesn't blow up on his players during the game and probably not too many times off the field. I think he saw what happen in Chicago with Ditka. Watching the NFLN Football life shows that his act of blowing up on players for not doing it his way got old after the Super Bowl and the players started to hate him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swordcat']I'm glad Rivera doesn't blow up on his players during the game and probably not too many times off the field. I think he saw what happen in Chicago with Ditka. Watching the NFLN Football life shows that his act of blowing up on players for not doing it his way got old after the Super Bowl and the players started to hate him.[/QUOTE]

Greg Olson did an interview a few days ago and said that Rivera had a great reputation with his former players in Chicago, and that he really enjoyed playing for him now. Ron comes across as being a straightforward and honest coach, who doesn't play head games with his players.

He asks for their best effort and lets them know when they don't live up to it, but doesn't put them down when their best effort lets him down. All you can ask for is execution and effort, can't manufacture talent out of thin air, and I think some coaches buy into their own motivational hype and believe they can make subpar players play like Pro Bowlers every game.

Posted · Report post

the more i see that "hold" the more i wanna throw my laptop at a wall

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swordcat:3427365']I'm glad Rivera doesn't blow up on his players during the game and probably not too many times off the field. I think he saw what happen in Chicago with Ditka. Watching the NFLN Football life shows that his act of blowing up on players for not doing it his way got old after the Super Bowl and the players started to hate him.[/QUOTE]

Players got tired of Ditka's narcissism, Rex Ryan reminds me of Ditka soon the players will get tired of him as well.