• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

Is there one? I know he was treated like garbage his senior year by the staff and fans.

#2 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,849 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

please

#3 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

please

Well he was. I remember it well.

#4 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

He says his dad and Coach K are the ones he talks to a few times a week. There was an article on it on yahoo a few months ago. He got unfairly treated by the fans for that shitty recruiting class he was surrounded with. Kind of like the '05 class now. Except that class deserves it.

#5 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

He says his dad and Coach K are the ones he talks to a few times a week. There was an article on it on yahoo a few months ago. He got unfairly treated by the fans for that pooty recruiting class he was surrounded with. Kind of like the '05 class now. Except that class deserves it.

Exactly. He talks to Coach K on a weekly basis. Capel will be a candidate for the head coaching job at Duke whenever K steps down.

#6 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

Exactly. He talks to Coach K on a weekly basis. Capel will be a candidate for the head coaching job at Duke whenever K steps down.

Johnny Dawkins....????

To be perfectly honest with you, I have a strong hatred for dook that has been in my blood for a long, long time. But I only hope that whoever takes over for K, will be half the douchebag that K is, that way I will not be let down. I do respect K as a coach in certain areas, but do not like him as a person. Now let me go take a sip of my hater-aid.:D

#7 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

Johnny Dawkins....????

To be perfectly honest with you, I have a strong hatred for dook that has been in my blood for a long, long time. But I only hope that whoever takes over for K, will be half the douchebag that K is, that way I will not be let down. I do respect K as a coach in certain areas, but do not like him as a person. Now let me go take a sip of my hater-aid.:D

Notice I said "one of the candidates". Dawkins definitly being another of course. But it is by no means Dawkins job guaranteed.

#8 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

I personally hope the Heels go out of the family next time...Granted, there are no ROY'S waiting in the wings, but I just think the break would be the best option no matter the circumstance.

#9 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

I really hope it's Capel. His ability to relate with the younger generation combined with what Duke has to offer would be tough for other coaches to compete with on the recruiting trail.

#10 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

I really hope it's Capel. His ability to relate with the younger generation combined with what Duke has to offer would be tough for other coaches to compete with on the recruiting trail.

Capel would be your best replacement, I'm just not sure he's ready to leave Oklahoma yet,,, even in several years,,,

Edited by Mintal, 31 March 2009 - 10:00 AM.

#11 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

I know he was treated like garbage his senior year by the staff and fans.

You're right. He was a player who would constantly put up shots from half-court instead of actually doing something productive. He's a good coach, but one of my least favorite Duke players (from a performance side) over the past 20 years.

He used to drive me insane.

I know a ton of Carolina fans who felt the same way about his brother too.

#12 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

You're right. He was a player who would constantly put up shots from half-court instead of actually doing something productive. He's a good coach, but one of my least favorite Duke players (from a performance side) over the past 20 years.

He used to drive me insane.

I know a ton of Carolina fans who felt the same way about his brother too.

I wasn't much of a fan of Jason, but I also didn't fault him that much because he seemed to always have back problems. I always thought Jeff played well (though not great) for duke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com