5 replies to this topic

#1 Laetitia

Laetitia

I serve only Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

(By GENARO C. ARMAS and MARK SCOLFORO, Associated Press) An explosive sex abuse scandal and possible cover-up rocked "Happy Valley" on Saturday when former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, once considered Joe Paterno's heir apparent, was charged with sexually assaulting eight boys over a 15-year period. Among the allegations was a 2002 incident in which a graduate assistant for the team said he saw Sandusky assault a boy in the shower at the Nittany Lions' practice center.
Sandusky retired in 1999 but continued to use the school's facilities for his work with The Second Mile, a foundation he established to help at-risk kids. The state grand jury investigation also resulted in perjury charges against Tim Curley, Penn State's athletic director, and Gary Schultz, vice president for finance and business. The two administrators were accused of failing to alert police - as required by state law - of their investigation of the allegations.

More...

#2 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

JoePa has been a sad, pathetic, weirdo creep who has held that program hostage for years. Now we can add pederast supporter to the list. I hope this is his legacy.

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

A grad student actually saw this guy having sex with a 10 year old in the showers, reported it, and all Penn St did was tell Sandusky not to bring kids to the facilities anymore.

How is the whole program not on trial?

Edited by Delhommey, 06 November 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#4 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

JoePa actually told both the AD and head of police that would have jurisdiction in the case. He is also cooperating with prosecution. He actually did what was required by law to do. He reported what he knew to proper authorities. So as a legal stand point, he did what he was supposed to.

What we don't know is if he followed up on the situation when it looked like it was being swept under the rug. As a Penn State fan, this will be huge factor on whether or not I'm looking for a new college team to follow. To pay players, help them pass classes, improper recruiting, etc is something that gives a school a black eye and is one thing. This is different.

#5 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

What you mean is that JoePa passed the buck to two even more culpable superiors who also did nothing. What a guy.

Meanwhile since 2002 JoePa has known that a child rapist has been operating what appears to be a farm system for this pederast's own stockade, and all they did was say, "perhaps it's best if you didn't bring these rape victims on campus."

I don't think there's any worse crime in the world than what is being accused here, and if we're up to me, some of these assholes would be strung up in town square from their wrinkly old necks.

#6 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

What you mean is that JoePa passed the buck to two even more culpable superiors who also did nothing. What a guy.

Yeah there's a lot of questions for me. Did JoePa just sit there and take no action after it appeared his superiors swept it under the rug or did go beyond what was legally required to make sure kids were safe and justice done? Not everything is out yet but it's not looking good.

JoePa is Penn State. I was born, raised, and live a 2 hours away from happy valley. I've always been a Penn State fan. But if JoePa didn't do what I feel he morally should of done to protect these children, PSU is dead to me. I already feel like I'm about to be searching for a new college team to follow. The schools president has given his unquestioned support for the AD and the other douche bag. So that there are 3 douche bags that can kiss my ass. I don't know if I even need JoePa to be morally responsible for not doing more for me want to jump from the sinking ship.

All freaking disgusting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com