22 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

I think we'll probably be around pick 7-10 and therefore have three targets at three different positions we could likely draft:

Luke Kuechly LB Boston College --

Posted Image

I think Luke over here can become an elite NFL linebacker. I always have a few guys that I really root for come draft season, and I gotta say Kuechly tops all the linebackers in my book. If he's available when we pick, I would be tempted.

Justin Blackmon --

Posted Image

This kid comes to play every game and is down right phenomenal. I know there's a big push for Alshon, but I really think Blackmon could make our offense lethal for years. What's important to me is that he consistently shows up in big games in a big way and that's the type of players we need if we really wanna step it up to the next level next year. Blackmon is the best offensive weapon in this draft.

Morris Claiborne --

Posted Image

If you are the type who wants to help out our secondary, this is the guy that can do it. Drafting a cornerback in this spot can be hit or miss but I think Claiborne is a type of player who won't need a lot of adjusting up to the NFL. He already plays at an intense every down jam tight coverage ball hawking mentality that we haven't had since Eric Davis. Like Blackmon, this guy always comes to play and when the big game comes, lights it up. His ints are game-changers and his press coverage is fantastic.

So in review, these are my top three targets this draft :hat:

DBPA is the way to go to help out our struggling D, but if there is an offensive play maker that can make us an even more lethal machine, go for it.

#2 Hoenheim

Hoenheim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

We'd be picking 8th I think if the draft started now I think. The Vikings and the Jags are still ahead of us in draft order, so they would probably end up getting Blackmon and Jeffrey, so I would see us picking Claiborne in the current draft order.

#3 Hoenheim

Hoenheim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

I say if somehow Jeffery or Blackmon fall to us we have to take them. We can't afford to pass up a potential replacement for steve as a #1 receiver. I don't think anyone in our current receiving core can be a #1, besides Gettis being an unknown (we probably need to see a year's worth of work with cam and gettis to deterine his potential).

#4 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

I know we have holes on defense, but if Blackmon falls into our lap, we have to take him. Our offense is set for the next 5 years if that happens.

#5 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

Blackmon or OT IMO. If there's not an OT worth the pick we're at and Blackmon is gone, trade down and get an OT with the first pick and DB with the second pick. BPA (minus QB and RB) the rest of the way.

#6 Hoenheim

Hoenheim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

If we get blackmon, I really like that line up as blackmon and smith as our starting WR's, and two very decent WR filling in for them in Gettis and LaFell. Olsen and Barnidge are our TE's of the future. Receiving core WOULD be set for at least five years with list line up, barring injuries. that way we could focus on the next two drafts on superior defensive players and olineman.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

We are 4th or 5th after todays games

#8 Hoenheim

Hoenheim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

We are 4th or 5th after todays games

Might be now, but probably a very unrealistic position for us to be in at the end of the year. We'll probably win at least 2 more games, wouldn't be suprised if we win 4-6 more games though if we cut all the dumb a-s-s penalties out and the defense doesn't play like highschoolers (and the special teams get their act together).

#9 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

4-12 record picked where in last years draft?

Still probably a top 5

#10 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

If we get blackmon, I really like that line up as blackmon and smith as our starting WR's, and two very decent WR filling in for them in Gettis and LaFell. Olsen and Barnidge are our TE's of the future. Receiving core WOULD be set for at least five years with list line up, barring injuries. that way we could focus on the next two drafts on superior defensive players and olineman.

This makes me all giddy :cornut:

And if we end up trading down, Hosley (CB VT) would be my next choice if we're in the 20s.

#11 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RAGE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

Blackmon and Claiborne look to me like they can immediately contribute to a team. I don't see Blackmon being available when the Panthers make their first pick and I can't say that I like spending a top 16 pick on CB after picking up Butler and Thomas as well as drafting Hogan.

I'm a big fan of Zach Brown as the first pick, especially after the injury to TD. Even if TD comes back and starts, Brown could very likely get regular playing time.

#12 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

Why Luke? Why him over Brown or Chase Thomas, whom could Prolly b had in second rd? The only eat I see us going offense is if we have the opportunity to go Matt Kalil. If not then we go best sec player available, preferably cornerback or safety. Love to trade down and grab Jenkins or lester and pick up another second and grab Chase Thomas and a DT/DE to upgrade over Norwood/Kearse/Neblittt

#13 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

Why Luke? Why him over Brown or Chase Thomas, whom could Prolly b had in second rd? The only eat I see us going offense is if we have the opportunity to go Matt Kalil. If not then we go best sec player available, preferably cornerback or safety. Love to trade down and grab Jenkins or lester and pick up another second and grab Chase Thomas and a DT/DE to upgrade over Norwood/Kearse/Neblittt

I'm going with Luke because of personal preference but yeah Brown at will is quite the dominant player and no doubt the top LB crush this year. Best thing bout both of these guys is their flexibility at LB in general

#14 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

What are your thoughts of Chase Thomas? Hard hitting, smart player! Slower 40 times than other prospects but makes up for it in instincts from what I have read.

#15 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

After continuing to watch our piss poor defense I have come to the conclusion that despite out crappy LB play, much of that will be remedied with the return of Jon Beason. Despite our crappy DT play, I think that will be remedied with the young guys getting another year under their belt and the return of Edwards. I like our options at DE with Johnson, Hardy, and Applewhite.

Our offense is clicking and IDT we can spend yet another 1st round pick on an OT only a few years after picking Otah. If we want to cut bait then thats fine but don't waste a 1st rounder replacing him...just suck it up.

Bottom line is that we are still in a division with Matt Ryan and Drew Brees. We need guys that can cover. So if one of the CBs explodes then that is the pick you go with. Claiborne has great size and someone compared him to Woodson the other day on TV...which I like. If he is gone and we have a chance at Blackmon or Jeffery (whoever looks to be better then gotta consider it...too talented not to). If all 3 of those guys are gone then start thinking about the best LB or possibly moving down to acquire more picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.