Photo
- - - - -

Continuing with the racial theme here lately...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#46 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,344 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

I believe both of you are right. Most cops will not, but there are a handful who give the rest of the badges a bad name. Think about it...why would a cop want to pull someone over when each time you pull someone over it's a potential situation?

This. Just like that idiot Dallas PD officer that pulled Moats and his wife on their way to the hospital... there are bad apples in every bunch. Some people just can't handle the power that authority over others gives them.

#47 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

it would be interesting to see statistics on black men arrested by police departments with quotas and without quotas.

#48 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:50 PM

"But in a motion to dismiss the charges, Hoose argues prosecutors ultimately made the decision to charge Vassell because he is black and the two men he stabbed are white."

That actually pissed me off. How the hell is he going to say that they did it because he was black and they were white?! HE F*CKING STABBED THEM ON CAMERA! THAT'S WHY HE WAS CHARGED!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just hate idiocy. Especially when they try to pull the race card to get out of being prosecuted.

Edited by Misty_Mountain_Hop, 30 March 2009 - 07:55 PM.

#49 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

I believe both of you are right. Most cops will not, but there are a handful who give the rest of the badges a bad name. Think about it...why would a cop want to pull someone over when each time you pull someone over it's a potential situation?

I dunno, cause they get promotions for arresting people?

#50 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Wow... I don't justify this guy's actions, but damn.. Some of you have some serious underlying racism issues...

#51 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

Some of you have some serious underlying racism issues...

It seems to me they are trying to prove they don't....

#52 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

Wow... I don't justify this guy's actions, but damn.. Some of you have some serious underlying racism issues...

It sems too sometimes a lot of people have tremendous guilt feelings for something they've never done or believe in the first place.

#53 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

I get along with everyone, for the most part. I guess that makes me a minority?

Can I stab someone now? pretty please? preferably a stupid person.

doh! I guess I'm bigoted against stupid people.

#54 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

While others act like they care so much about racism....but really they just enjoy "sticking it to the man" and will defend any propaganda that supports such.

#55 Grapeape45

Grapeape45

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:21 AM

What ever happened to "sticks & stones..."? 2 idiots call someone a name doesn't excuse that person from committing an assault on them. Seems to me that there were 3 idiots there that day.
As far as the quotas...that is sooo funny. Like if the cop writes one more ticket he gets a free toaster oven? A promotion for making arrests? get the hell out of here...which department? Silly rabbit... I guess you believe that all our generals are the most proficent soldiers/marines? No politics ever involved? I guess a officer working in Harlem should at least arrest one white person a day?
There is no doubt that there is racial tension between blacks and the police. Its been that way for a looooonnnnng time and will continue to be that way as its handed down. "Remember when the cops sic those dogs on us for marching for our rights? Remember when the cops sprayed us with water hoses for protesting? Remember when the cops beat up Rodney King? Remember when they shot that poor black man in NY 41 times? Remember when they sodomized that black man?" Of course there is a flip side (as always) to this coin. "Remember when that black man shot those four police officers in Oakland?" Remember when those two black panthers ambushed those two NYPD officers? Remember when those two young black brothers shot and killed a NCHP trooper and deputy sheriff? Remember when Kamie Mays shot and killed Detectice Paul Hales? Remember when Chief Hathoway was shot and killed by a black male? These are all horrible things that have occurred but we only see the race in the issue and not the individuals. I can see this endless cycle but I don't know how to break it. Some blacks will continue to use past injustices as a crutch to either lean on or hide behind. Some people will slip though and abuse the authority granted them by society. These two groups will be the ones you see at 5:30 on the news as that is what sells. It doesn't matter if you hire black officers either as they bear the same stigma as white officers or worse. Being labeled worse than the racist white cops as they choose to "sell out the man" by being a Uncle Tom or House******. We all have our notions and perception is reality right? Maybe one day we can get it all worked out but until then I'll just go back to being "whitey the blue-eyed devil honkey cracker mother"..well you get what I mean. :mad2:

#56 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

*WHEW* Glad my eyes are hazel... Posted Image

#57 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

Here's an interesting end to a racial situation:

Cop: "I apologize."

Ryan Moats: "I accept."

Novel idea, eh?

#58 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

Novel idea, eh?

Unheard of. :D

#59 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

Novel idea, eh?

I believe the Moats were on GMA and this occured already.

[ame][/ame]

#60 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:36 AM

Is it wrong to lust over a woman who's mother just died? Tamishia is en fuego smokin hot.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com