62 replies to this topic

#31 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,691 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

No way he is blaming 12 men on the field penalties on the refs.

Didn't say that.

#32 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

I know the quote made it seem that way...sorry about that...I think Rivera's owned up to the responsibility he has with the penalty problem. Let's hope his initiative to improve the team in the second half of the season shows.

#33 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

i think that remark is less about him taking blame for flags and more about the flags that are called have been pretty fuging biased

#34 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

Newton said excuses are a disease, Rivera should listen. No way will this fly.

#35 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

You can understand Rivera's situation. Invisible flags have at least cost us 2 games this season. Its not like our team is getting many faults starts or PF penalty's, its holding calls that could be called every single snap. I feel like the refs are not even warning players anymore they are just throwing the flag every single time.

#36 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,663 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

These holding calls have been GAR BAGE! XO

#37 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,598 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

You can understand Rivera's situation. Invisible flags have at least cost us 2 games this season. Its not like our team is getting many faults starts or PF penalty's, its holding calls that could be called every single snap. I feel like the refs are not even warning players anymore they are just throwing the flag every single time.

The difference isn't as dramatic as it might seem. We've had 19 holding calls (18 that were enforced, 1 was declined) and 14 false starts.

Total offensive pre-snap penalties? 21. Throw in offsides? 30. So roughly 42% of our total penalties have come pre-snap. These are typically considered mental errors.

#38 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

While I agree that's it's easy to make excuses for penalties, it's not a good idea to accept untruths. Yes, the holding penalties are the responsibilty of the coach, but the refs have some "splain' to do" with that jeremy shockey bogus call and the entire NFL looks inept when they fail to address the inconsistency of roughing the passer. In the end, the Panthers have gotten too many phantom roughing the passer calls as well as too many phantom holding calls. Everyone needs to accept their part of the blame - not just the coach!

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

It's so easy to blame the refs. No coach gets all the calls they want. Just sounds like excuses for a very undisciplined team at this point.

No. They aren't going to call that Steve Smith holding call when Cam ran down to the 2 yard line........against Belichick's Patriots.

Rivera is being blunt. Carolina has had several huge calls go against them for mystery fouls......and they potentially dictated the outcome. Rivera being quiet about it.....wouldn't be good. Sometimes you have to start making noise.

Rivera needs to make noise that refs have made some VERY bad calls against Carolina....that doesn't mean he doesn't realize certain penalities he can control.

#40 Camdemonium

Camdemonium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

And we've never gotten a call go our way :lol:

#41 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

And we've never gotten a call go our way :lol:

Explain the Shockey OPI, Nannee holding call, and Smitty holding call in the Vikes game. Go...

#42 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

While I agree that's it's easy to make excuses for penalties, it's not a good idea to accept untruths. Yes, the holding penalties are the responsibilty of the coach, but the refs have some "splain' to do" with that jeremy shockey bogus call and the entire NFL looks inept when they fail to address the inconsistency of roughing the passer. In the end, the Panthers have gotten too many phantom roughing the passer calls as well as too many phantom holding calls. Everyone needs to accept their part of the blame - not just the coach!

In all fairness, Cam has been given the benefit of the doubt on several roughing the passer calls.

#43 Camdemonium

Camdemonium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

Explain the Shockey OPI, Nannee holding call, and Smitty holding call in the Vikes game. Go...

Explain the Brandon Marshall OPI, the Revis Non Call, and the non call on Brandon Marshall against the Giants.

Go...

#44 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Explain the Brandon Marshall OPI, the Revis Non Call, and the non call on Brandon Marshall against the Giants.

Go...

For someone who criticizes a coach for deflecting you sure are good at it yourself.

#45 Camdemonium

Camdemonium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

I don't get paid millions to be a message board poster and answer to you clowns.

Fact is refs make bad calls both ways. To ignore all the pre snap penalties and blame the officials for singling you out as a rookie head coach is deflecting responsibility.

You live in your little Panther bubble and think everything only goes wrong for the Panthers. Injuries, penalties, bad luck, etc. It's league wide.

Cam has gotten more than a few "roughing the passer" calls when he shouldn't have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com