Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R0CKnR0LLA

Panthers 2012 Free Agents, Players Under Contract & Cap Space

125 posts in this topic

Forgot to add in the dead money carrying over from 2011 to the cap space. Will add this in but it shouldn't be much, less than a few million I'm guessing just from memory.

If the team wants to sign someone, you'll probably see Gamble, Smitty and Gross restructured and extended to some degree to save cap room for next season.

Judging from that list of guys coming back, we already have a talented team. Offense is one of the best and we only are losing Shockey.

Defensively, we will get back Beason. Not getting my hopes up for Davis.

Bottom line is we have some contracts we can re-structure, and we are just going to have to draft well. I love the future of this team.

Gamble might get re-structured

Were gonna have to hit hard in the draft.

If we have a top 7 pick would you guys want us to try and trade down and get more picks or just pick BPA.

The BPA at a location where we end up picking may very well be a WR.

Next offseason is gonna be something serious for us for sure.

The draft should be a main priority anyways, but as you guys mentioned above, we can restructure guys like Gamble, Gross, etc..and maybe extend Smitty. We will have some room to manuever.

If we have a top 7 pick would you guys want us to try and trade down and get more picks or just pick BPA.

The BPA at a location where we end up picking may very well be a WR.

Depends on whos projected to be there and who all comes out for the draft. If its a strong draft, I want more picks. If a great player is going to be there at say #7, I say get him.