Photo
- - - - -

Rick Perry Was Lost in the Wilderness

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#16 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

I think Romney gets the nomination AND beats Obama.

The republican base has seen enough of their 'know nothing' candidates over the past few years.

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

I'm supremely disappointed that this happened before he was caught blowing guys.

#18 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

also, don't copy a crazy person's ideas

keep on repeating those memes ya drone.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

Romney is the most likely to beat Obama but his nomination will result in an unenthusiastic RNC base. There's a pretty good chance he will be the Dukakis of the election.

This is what happens when you arbitrarily demonize something based not on logic but on fear and hatred. I've already seen some conservatives trying to sell everyone on the idea that Romney was forced to sign the RomneyCare bill, he wouldn't do it again...it's a total joke. All the DNC has to do is keep pointing out that there's no difference between Romney and Obama and the independents will stay with the known quantity, and the far right folks will only vote on who they hate, not who they like. Obamas raised a LOT of money and although he has some of the same issues with the far left, at the end of the day they will support him to a much larger extent the Tea Partiers will support Romney.

It will still be close of course...so where the economy is going will determine this election alone, and signs are pointing to the slow recovery continuing on and the Republicans doing everything they can to stall it.

#20 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

Romney is the most likely to beat Obama but his nomination will result in an unenthusiastic RNC base. There's a pretty good chance he will be the Dukakis of the election.

This is what happens when you arbitrarily demonize something based not on logic but on fear and hatred. I've already seen some conservatives trying to sell everyone on the idea that Romney was forced to sign the RomneyCare bill, he wouldn't do it again...it's a total joke. All the DNC has to do is keep pointing out that there's no difference between Romney and Obama and the independents will stay with the known quantity, and the far right folks will only vote on who they hate, not who they like. Obamas raised a LOT of money and although he has some of the same issues with the far left, at the end of the day they will support him to a much larger extent the Tea Partiers will support Romney.

It will still be close of course...so where the economy is going will determine this election alone, and signs are pointing to the slow recovery continuing on and the Republicans doing everything they can to stall it.

LoL so how are the dems any different again?

#21 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

I like this big lie that Gingrich is some sort of intellectual. What's he gonna do, tell the moderator to stop asking tough questions like he usually does?

Try watching the debates. He is way ahead of the rest as a thinker and historian. It is not even close.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

LoL so how are the dems any different again?

I don't recall saying anything about that.

#23 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

I'm supremely disappointed that this happened before he was caught blowing guys.

If rodeo's gaydar picks up Perry, then Perry must be gay. I bet he and Bachmann's husband run off together.

#24 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Grazi, you might hate Newt's politics, but he is a super brilliant guy that is well-versed on the constitution.

#25 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Grazi, you might hate Newt's politics, but he is a super brilliant guy that is well-versed on the constitution.

I'm no Newt guy, but he has clearly shown through his career that he's a step ahead of the abundant puppet politicians and he's using that to his advantage for the base. Its probably gonna work given the crowd.

#26 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

I don't recall saying anything about that.

ah, so you're saying dems and pubs are one in the same then? bout damn time.

#27 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'm no Newt guy, but he has clearly shown through his career that he's a step ahead of the abundant puppet politicians and he's using that to his advantage for the base. Its probably gonna work given the crowd.

newt is packaged nostalgia for the base. he comes out and throws around a few hackneyed, decades old talking points and everybody acts like the GOP is back in the saddle because he reminds them of the good old times.

is he smarter than the rest? yea, but only in that he was always one of the best gamers out there.

#28 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

keep on repeating those memes ya drone.

ron paul is different, i'll give you that, and as a person who trends left-libertarian there is obviously some overlap between our views BUT i'm pretty happy with integrated schools and a woman's right to choose so.....

#29 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:50 AM

if you repeat a lie often enough...