Photo
- - - - -

Joe Paterno

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#16 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,510 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

I'd say 10 years sounds about right. The OU Orange Bowl game in 2001 was probably his last time truly at the helm.

That being said, the assistants do the Lion's share of the work, tell Bobby to show up at the #2 RB in the country's house on February 3rd, put on the charm, and walk away with a commitment.

He's still a fantastic recruiter.

#17 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

And the best interview in College Football. That's why the press never will say anything.

#18 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,510 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:17 PM

For sure. He's one of the best that ever was.

And Bobby's always had glowing things to say about Nebraska, so I have always liked him.

#19 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

Both have Bear Bryant Syndrome.

head meet nail

#20 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

JERRY: Leo, I saw you in Brentano's yesterday.
LEO: Why didn't ya say hello?
JERRY: Because you were too busy stealing a book.
LEO: You still say hello.
JERRY: Leo, I saw you steal.
LEO: Oh, they don't care. We all do it.
JERRY: Who, criminals?
LEO: Senior citizens. No big deal.
JERRY: You could get arrested.
LEO: Arrested? Come on! I'm an old man. I'm confused! I thought I paid for it. What's my name? Will you take me home?

This is all Paterno needs to say.

#21 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

They put him on the air during the Notre Dame/Penn State, and he said "they say it's a black man's game now...it used to be a Jewish man's game."

Whoopsie.

so what...I have no fondness for Paterno, but who cares, really? He was talking about the game of his youth on the streets of NY (I forget which boro), which just happened to have a big Jewish population....and what game was played most in the city? Yeah, basketball. Contrast the color of teams in that era to today...doesn't exactly disprove his point. What's his biggest offense, that he didn't use PC terms? Wahoo. He didn't insult either race.

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

so what...I have no fondness for Paterno, but who cares, really? He was talking about the game of his youth on the streets of NY (I forget which boro), which just happened to have a big Jewish population....and what game was played most in the city? Yeah, basketball. Contrast the color of teams in that era to today...doesn't exactly disprove his point. What's his biggest offense, that he didn't use PC terms? Wahoo. He didn't insult either race.

I'm on your side, dude. I'm just saying...the coach of a prominent football program (and let's face it, the face of a university) is going to be judged differently by the PC crowd.

So far I haven't seen anything on this. I think they gave Joe the benefit of the doubt. Which is a good thing.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com