Photo
- - - - -

Joe Paterno

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#21 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

They put him on the air during the Notre Dame/Penn State, and he said "they say it's a black man's game now...it used to be a Jewish man's game."

Whoopsie.

so what...I have no fondness for Paterno, but who cares, really? He was talking about the game of his youth on the streets of NY (I forget which boro), which just happened to have a big Jewish population....and what game was played most in the city? Yeah, basketball. Contrast the color of teams in that era to today...doesn't exactly disprove his point. What's his biggest offense, that he didn't use PC terms? Wahoo. He didn't insult either race.

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

so what...I have no fondness for Paterno, but who cares, really? He was talking about the game of his youth on the streets of NY (I forget which boro), which just happened to have a big Jewish population....and what game was played most in the city? Yeah, basketball. Contrast the color of teams in that era to today...doesn't exactly disprove his point. What's his biggest offense, that he didn't use PC terms? Wahoo. He didn't insult either race.

I'm on your side, dude. I'm just saying...the coach of a prominent football program (and let's face it, the face of a university) is going to be judged differently by the PC crowd.

So far I haven't seen anything on this. I think they gave Joe the benefit of the doubt. Which is a good thing.