Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

charlottenian

So who do you want with our 3rd overall pick?

393 posts in this topic

I think when it comes to Welker's game, he has many opportunities to make plays. He's a great receiver, but I still don't consider him elite. Cassell's not elite, but he's not bad either. (After all he did justify it by taking the chiefs to the playoffs last year.)

When it comes to Smitty playing with Clausen, every receiver in the league would have struggled playing with him. I do think receivers like Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, and those boys would have had better statistics if they played with Jimmy, but none the less they would be held back.

All in all, if we could get a high draft pick for Smith (early 2nd round or higher), we should trade him. How many of you would trade him for a 1st?

Welker is on pace to break Jerry Rice's single season record.....dude is elite.

Kalil would be ideal for you guys.

Welker is on pace to break Jerry Rice's single season record.....dude is elite.

Leads the NFL in:

Receptions (18 more than the next WR)

Yards

Yards per game

Longest pass this season

If he's not elite, I don't guess anyone else is either.

Now you guys can call me crazy but i thought about the same thing today. Now before you guys get ready to kill me hear me out. Let's just say we are picking some were between 3 and 5 in the draft and Matt Kalil will be gone. The panthers will really think about trading out, but they will look at Smitty age and his contract numbers.If Justin blackmon is right on the board there is no chance in hell they wont take him. The reason why is the thought process of them wanting to keep trying to develop Cam and giving him weapons.

Now I always loved Smitty and I hope he never go. But his cap number maybe huge next year and somebody may want to give up a second round pick for his services. Then I can see us going into camp with Gettis number 2 Blackmon 1 and Naanee number 3 or Lafell. Trust me Nannee will be way more effective in the slot. Because you have to look at it this way. Gettis is a good WR but is he a true number 1 ? Smitty is getting old what if he gets injured who will step up and be number 1. So we need to get someone like Blackmon if we can.

Not saying my opinion want change between now and April but I think Blackmon would be a solid choice by draft time.

You don't trade Smith and hope Blackmon can replace him. That would be retarded

lol @ trading smith, do you guys have no loyalty?

I have no idea who we will end up picking nor am I set in my personal preferance.

I think Kalil would be a good pick however we will be paying 2 guys at LT dollars. The days counting on Otah has to be over and the final verdict on Bell will be coming shortly (maybe the Lions).OT is a tough position to address in FA.

With our glaring need on defense I am sure the Panthers would like to consider trading down and pick up a defensive lineman. Couples has been used as both a dt and de which tweeners scare me and at 286 does not have the beef of your NFL tackle. He could also be used in a 3-4 scheme.

They will have to look at Blackmon but I think they will pass as long as Smitty is here.If we win a couple of games the Kalil option may not even be there.My understanding is that the Vikings would like to have him but there schedule should allow for some more wins as well.

The only way I see us taking WR first is if kalil is gone and we can't trade down.

The only way I see us taking WR first is if kalil is gone and we can't trade down.

If the we pick 2nd I actually think we may actually have a chance to trade down a couple of spots.

I have no idea who we will end up picking nor am I set in my personal preferance.

I think Kalil would be a good pick however we will be paying 2 guys at LT dollars. The days counting on Otah has to be over and the final verdict on Bell will be coming shortly (maybe the Lions).OT is a tough position to address in FA.

With our glaring need on defense I am sure the Panthers would like to consider trading down and pick up a defensive lineman. Couples has been used as both a dt and de which tweeners scare me and at 286 does not have the beef of your NFL tackle. He could also be used in a 3-4 scheme.

They will have to look at Blackmon but I think they will pass as long as Smitty is here.If we win a couple of games the Kalil option may not even be there.My understanding is that the Vikings would like to have him but there schedule should allow for some more wins as well.

We wouldn't be paying two guys LT money, because Kalil will only make what the rookie wage scale allows him to make (which, right now, would be less than Cam makes.) And by the time that his new deal comes up (remember, you can't renegotiate rookie contracts until the 3rd year now), Jordan Gross will probably be close to retiring.

Also, Coples is way too small to be a top-level DT, especially at the level we would need him to be playing at. Coples probably isn't even close to our Draft board.

And the idea of trading Smitty to get Justin Blackmon is outrageous. I don't know what all of you guys see in Blackmon, but, he has good speed, and can run decent routes. Has no one ever stopped to think that he is entirely a system WR? That his gaudy numbers come from his college offense? I mean, you don't waste a top 3 pick on a WR that barely measure 6'1.

We wouldn't be paying two guys LT money, because Kalil will only make what the rookie wage scale allows him to make (which, right now, would be less than Cam makes.) And by the time that his new deal comes up (remember, you can't renegotiate rookie contracts until the 3rd year now), Jordan Gross will probably be close to retiring.

Also, Coples is way too small to be a top-level DT, especially at the level we would need him to be playing at. Coples probably isn't even close to our Draft board.

And the idea of trading Smitty to get Justin Blackmon is outrageous. I don't know what all of you guys see in Blackmon, but, he has good speed, and can run decent routes. Has no one ever stopped to think that he is entirely a system WR? That his gaudy numbers come from his college offense? I mean, you don't waste a top 3 pick on a WR that barely measure 6'1.

My point is a right tackle would not go 2nd in the draft theerfore we are paying more for him but I get your point.I mention Couples only because he is the top rated defensive lineman in the draft and has played both tackle and end at a high level.I agree at 286 he is light but extemely strong. I do not see us trading Smitty either

#81, Oklahoma St Cowboys WR Justin Blackmon.

or Matt Kalil. Just cause his name is matt like mine

If you don't think Blackmon is good then you never seen him play before. This guy has the opportunity to be a stud at the next level.