Photo
- - - - -

So who do you want with our 3rd overall pick?

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#376 GreatPanther

GreatPanther

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

blackmon or jeffrey.

#377 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

blackmon or jeffrey.

Jeffrey has bust written all over him....more so than all the other recent SC WR busts.

Surprised he is still projecting so high at this point.....

#378 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

i'm not crazy about it either, but when your franchise RT pulls a ferry collins on you and decides his heart's just not in it it kind of puts you in a corner.

i for sure don't want to draft a DT that early or really at all unless there is a suh type DT in there. i'd rather get one in FA that already has experience.

don't really want a WR either. we've got enough talent for a while. there are bigger needs elsewhere.

really i'm not crazy about drafting an LB or a CB that early either. i feel like if we don't get kalil we should be trading down and considering the success of recent QBs and how sucky some teams still are in that department there might be a late first round picking team that is in need desperate enough need of a franchise QB that they might be willing to trade up for one. i think there will be a few QBs who will go in the first round so teams will be willing to trade up. rookie cap will make it easier to pull off.

hopefully we can find someone ATL dumb who would be willing to trade a few early picks for a couple years so they can get their QB or WR or whatever.

regardless of what we pick, though, i won't be all that upset. we got the most important piece the franchise needed this year.

If we are in the top 5 I really would like to see us trade down if we could as well. We need as many draft picks as possible. Trade back and then get an OT or DT.

I we stay pat and we have a top 5 pick, Blackmon is pretty exciting. Claiborne maybe. Kalil would help.

But I think sliding back some and getting a Reiff, or a Kirkpatrick, or a Jeffrey plus picking up some extra draft picks would be a better draft this year for us.

That is why the draft is so exciting. Who knows I just hope we get some playmakers on defense in here

#379 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Not necessarily saying he is a slouch. But there is a big difference in the NFL between being 6-1 215 and being 6'4 230 in those types of situations.

I am not trying to denigrate Blackmon. He is going to be a good one. I view it as sort of a 1A, 1B type situation. Both are going to be good players.

You must not have seen the last episode of sport science, where they compare a 6'4" Burress to a 6'1" Blackmon & Blackmon can out perform him.

I'm not for drafting a WR very high, but do have to say Blackmon is a stud & will be great in the NFL.

#380 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,329 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

If we are in the top 5 I really would like to see us trade down if we could as well. We need as many draft picks as possible. Trade back and then get an OT or DT.

I we stay pat and we have a top 5 pick, Blackmon is pretty exciting. Claiborne maybe. Kalil would help.

But I think sliding back some and getting a Reiff, or a Kirkpatrick, or a Jeffrey plus picking up some extra draft picks would be a better draft this year for us.

That is why the draft is so exciting. Who knows I just hope we get some playmakers on defense in here

I have to agree with you. There is way more talent at the Mid point of the first round and the bottom. Positions like CB,LB,WR, are so deep this year.

#381 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

We'll be picking second making the 3rd overall pick very valuable

#382 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

ehh, 2nd may be just as valuable. There is a VERY good chance the team at 3rd will want a QB and therefore it will be hard to trade with them if you're a team wanting a QB. So, if you want to hop over them, we're a good choice.

Unless there is a guy like Suh or something I just assume use those high picks on other skill positions and this year it should be on the defensive side of the ball.

Kalil is arguably the "Suh" of this draft on the OL.

#383 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Kalil >>>>>>>>

Me being a USC homer has no bearing on my opinion either :P

#384 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

If we can trade our theoretical 2nd or 3rd overall and move down and still pick up Martin from Stanford and get a skill guy, then I am all for it. Otherwise I say Kalil.

All the skill guys in the world aren't going to matter if Cam is constantly frustrated because he's getting his ass kicked in the pocket. Cam Vs. Titans he was abused and pissed off. Cam Vs. Cards/GB he had all day to throw and he lit up the defense. Just my opinion though.

#385 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

Looking more like we'll be drafting Claiborne or brown

#386 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,989 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

Devon Still is an option.

#387 jherald

jherald

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

We need a fuging corner. If they don't draft a corner, I'll be pissed. There are two high profile damn near shutdown corners in this draft and I hope we walk away with one of them.

#388 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Devon Still is an option.

if we trade down 10+ picks
which i don't think anyone wants to do

#389 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

if we trade down 10+ picks
which i don't think anyone wants to do

In the mocks that I have read they have him being picked in the 2nd round.

#390 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

Trade down if we can and take Upshaw from Alabama. If not, pick up Kalil if Stl or Min don't take him first. Clairborne is my 3rd choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com