Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skyrim

516 posts in this topic

Posted

!

Comments section, "At least Lydia is in the kitchen" :D

Posted

I just got decapitated. Is that a double hand weapon perk or something?

Also are the death animations a critical perk?

Posted

Comments section, "At least Lydia is in the kitchen" :D

no fug that dat bitch was always in the kitchen In the goddamn refrigerator. Eatin' up all the food. All the chitlins... All the pig's feet... All the collard greens... All the hog maws. I wanna eat them chitlins... I like pigs feet

Posted

I was going to do the gold coins but jewls look prettier :).

Gold would be easier and more pratical though, but also I have yet to find out to drop gold, I can only store it, anyone know whats up?

I don't 'hoard stuff', I just don't simply sell it once I find it. I search every crack and crevice for golds and jewls, I have never left a door unopened or chest unlocked so far and sometiems especially in the beginning, it can make a 10 min quest double.

The first thing I unlocked was level 70 lock pick, strictly to find more gold and more treasure. After that I will not touch the perk, but I have found all kinds of poo. I have collected the jewels from day one so no point in stopping now. It take no extra time, just not selling it and then just throw it in your home. If you search like me, you always have more than enough not to sell it.

I am a level 35 and have only explored 3 cities but I have close to 75,000 cash and probably another 50,000 in possessions and another 50,000 in stolen possessions. I have chests dedicated to each kind of items. Some are even dated I am doing some item dissapearing testing. I also keep all books over a 25 value, and have since the beginning mostly leveling up books. All my bookshelfs hold thousands of $ worth.

If only I was this successful in real life and I suppose I would be if I put the same time towards it but ironically, meh, just isn't worth the time.

Posted

had my second companion get got breaching a keep. some big ass bandit chief killed him.

He's been my best companion so far. I think his name was Baldur? he had ghost dog that accompanied him. Sucks.

Got some cat dude following me now.

Posted

I've stopped using a companion and started relying on stealth. It's much more fun.

Posted

You have got to be smoking some good poo to be on that much.. I've got 18 hours clocked and I'm pretty bad in everything except destruction, one handed weapons, heavy armor, archery, and blocking. Ok, really bad.

Are there any random quests you know of where I can get a sweet sword or armor?

The best sword i have found so far is "Chillrend". You get it about halfway through the thieves guild quest. It is about 2 points higher damage than my upgraded Dadric sword. As far as armor, just build up your smithing skill, and then make your own. Smithing is easy to build up, just buy a bunch of iron ingots and leather strips, then make about 10,000 iron daggers. Another good way to buils up your smithing along with alteration (and money) is to always buy iron ore from merchants, or find it in a mine, then use transmute to turn the ore to gold. Take the gold ore to a smelter and turn to gold ingots. Use the gold ingots to make a bunch of jewelry. But, before you sell the jewelry, make sure you use up your petty and lesser soul gems to enchant the jewelry before you sell it. You will make more money, and also build your enchanting skills at the same time.

Posted

All the PS3 patch has managed to do is make my game crash worryingly frequently.

In other news I have the Nightingale armour (pretty badass). Hopefully when Mercer is dealt with the powers it gives me are awesome. More bloody dwarven ruins to navigate through yet though....

Yep, it seems the patch was just a temporary fix while they are trying to figure out how to fix it. My game is accually worse now. Crashes after about an hour of gameplay. I am afraid to play it anymore until it is fixed, because everytime it crashes, there is a chance that all your saved data from every game you own can be wiped out. HUGE failure... Wish I had bought for PC instead of PS3...

Posted

Yep, it seems the patch was just a temporary fix while they are trying to figure out how to fix it. My game is accually worse now. Crashes after about an hour of gameplay. I am afraid to play it anymore until it is fixed, because everytime it crashes, there is a chance that all your saved data from every game you own can be wiped out. HUGE failure... Wish I had bought for PC instead of PS3...

This thread and the last episode of Jimquisition have got me seriously considering buying this, but as such I need to know: why is the game so glitchy and crash-prone? Is it simply because of its size?

Posted

PC was finally patched today, wonder if it helped any.

Posted

This thread and the last episode of Jimquisition have got me seriously considering buying this, but as such I need to know: why is the game so glitchy and crash-prone? Is it simply because of its size?

Yea, I think it is because it is such a large game, Plus, Bethesda is well known to have bugs in almost all of they're games. Still worth buying, it is a fantastic game. They will eventually fix most of the bugs with patches. It's worth every penny.

1 person likes this

Posted

the glitches in this game have been severly exaggerated and as for the random crashes it happens once maybe every 10 hours of gametime if it even happens at all. go buy the game you wont regret it

1 person likes this