Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little perspective

42 posts in this topic

Posted

- Carolina was the worst team in the NFL last year

- New staff already has as many wins as last season with 7 to go

- Offense went from THE worst in the NFL to one of the top offenses.

- We have a rookie QB and are still working on our new scheme

- In franchise history I don't recall ever losing our top 2 defensive players early in the same season.

Carolina was NOT in win now mode this season. It is year one of rebuilding. They have done a great job with Cam and are ahead of pace with him.....that doesn't mean winning was realistic once our defensive players went down.

The fire Rivera talk is retarded. Simple and plain. he doesn't have the bodies to run his defense....most simply shouldn't be seeing the reps he is forced to give them. he got dealt a bad hand this year......give him a healthy D and some roster moves they couldn't make this past off season and he will prove why he was hired.

3 people like this

Posted

Well said, I was there and I was just as down as anybody about today's loss - it was ugly - but it was one game.

Posted

Point out the fire Rivera comments.

Just one.

Posted

- Carolina was the worst team in the NFL last year

true, now we're just tied for second worst... :)

bright future, sure, but... meh. Hard to get excited or keep much perspective when you get blown out by the Titans.

Posted

The Titans beat the Ravens early in the season and have been playing well, I don't know why everyone thought this'd be an easy win.

But then again theRavens lost to the seahawks today so...

Posted

Honestly I'm not trying to be a jerk but I'd rather have the perspective of the 49ers.(shitty team to 8-1)

They have Alex Smith ffs...

Posted

Point out the fire Rivera comments.

Just one.

This. I want to see one post where someone suggests we fire Rivera.

Posted

The Titans beat the Ravens early in the season and have been playing well, I don't know why everyone thought this'd be an easy win.

But then again theRavens lost to the seahawks today so...

didn't expect an easy win

expected a competitive showing at home after a bye.

Posted

The bye isn't what it used to be, these guys have a mandated 4 days off under the new CBA. Several teams have come off the bye looking like crap, so we're not alone.

Posted

Fire Rivera talk is stupid, but it is time to start holding him accountable for some of these repeated mistakes and failures that shouldn't still be happening.

Posted

The bye isn't what it used to be, these guys have a mandated 4 days off under the new CBA. Several teams have come off the bye looking like crap, so we're not alone.

So Rivera had 10 days to get their attention.

We can and should be playing better.