Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrorist (can I say that?) attack on Washington DC

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The ever-present threat to Washington D.C. by terrorists has now gotten a bit more present: Baitullah Mehsud, the Pakistan Taliban leader who American officials fear could be an even bigger threat to the United States than Al Qaeda’s Osama bin Laden says there will be a spectacular attack on the nation’s capital “soon.”

http://themoderatevoice.com/27533/pakistan-taliban-leader-promises-attack-on-washington-dc-soon/

I wonder if BarryO classifies this kind of talk as potential "terrorism" or if he views it as Overseas Contingency Operations "dialogue"?

With his new budget slashing military funding, we are stepping back to a pre-9/11 mindset. This is very dangerous.

Posted · Report post

Well, they make a threat about every day. Question is, can they carry through with it?

Posted · Report post

Lets hope all threats continue to be taken seriously. It seems as if we are walking the path towards ignoring these things with the adminstration's focus on changing terminology so it will not offend.

Posted · Report post

Maybe Jay Leno or David Letterman will ask B.O. the tough questions about terrorism when he gets back from his G20 ass kissing session.

Posted · Report post

Oh, I'm sure that make the President's butt pucker up

Posted · Report post

It seems as if we are walking the path towards ignoring these things with the adminstration's focus on changing terminology so it will not offend.

I don't think so. Changing the terminology to help the american people be less paranoid and full of fear? Yep

Has nothing to do with the administration's ability to prevent attacks.

Posted · Report post

I don't think so. Changing the terminology to help the american people be less paranoid and full of fear? Yep

Terminology makes you more or less paranoid? Yikes. Guess Obama is getting his Nanny State. They need Dr. Phil to blog and respond to the whimpers of these paranoid americans on whitehouse.gov.

Posted · Report post

With his new budget slashing military funding, we are stepping back to a pre-9/11 mindset. This is very dangerous.

Careful, you're sounding paranoid here...

Posted · Report post

Careful, you're sounding paranoid here...

Paranoid because of policy, yes. Paranoid because of a certain choice of words, no.

Posted · Report post

They going to throw mountain goat turds at us?

Posted · Report post

They're going to make us all eat mountain oysters. Yikes!

:puke:

Posted · Report post

Well, they make a threat about every day. Question is, can they carry through with it?

I think that's what GW said on Sept. 10th.