Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midseason 2012 Mock Draft

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Why trade down to get more average players when we can have an impact player at the top, in theory?

This is my problem with trading down. I'd much rather have a blue chip player than drop down too far and just get a marginal player. Yes I'm aware you can get great players late(Beason/Kalil for example), but it's a lot harder to find those guys late in the first.

Although if we end up picking #2(VERY likely IMO), we could probably trade down just a few spots and get very good compensation. Redskins, Chiefs, Dolphins, and maybe even the Seahawks will all be wanting quarterbacks and will all be picking high enough to trade down without passing up on significant talent.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I'm sure Sam Bradford would love to know he will be beaten to a pulp yet again due to a sorry OL. But its OK Sam you can have a rookie WR to heave the ball to in those few times you get a clean look.

Kalil to the Rams if he is still on the board. Basic rule of thumb. #1 - get a franchise QB; #2 - get him protection; #3 - get him weapons. Rams need to address #2 first.

Posted · Report post

True, but there will be roughly 4 QBs up for grabs early, possibly more (even though only 2 should be). Colts may or may not take Luck depending on Peyton. Redskins and Seahawks must take QBs. With that, they can still all get what they want and who they want. Not sure how much trading is going to go on considering who took QBs last year.

Who knows, there is a lot of football left. We are currently #2 in the race for #1.

Posted · Report post

According to this mock draft, Manti Te'o will still be available in the 2nd round. Man, if we could get Kalil and Te'o in the 2nd (and getting Mario Williams):D , we will be straight for next year.

Posted · Report post

True, but there will be roughly 4 QBs up for grabs early, possibly more (even though only 2 should be). Colts may or may not take Luck depending on Peyton. Redskins and Seahawks must take QBs. With that, they can still all get what they want and who they want. Not sure how much trading is going to go on considering who took QBs last year.

Who knows, there is a lot of football left. We are currently #2 in the race for #1.

A lot of it depends on whether Barkely declares or not. He'd probably be the consensus #1 overall pick in 2012, but with the rookie cap I'm not sure there is much reason to wait another year and risk injury/etc. If Barkely declares, the #2 pick will be almost as valuable as the #1.

Posted · Report post

Trade down, load up on defense and oline depth.

Posted · Report post

Many people view the class after Luck as very similar. How much difference is there between Barkley, Jones, RGIII and some other late bloomers?

I personally don't like Jones' game at all but a lot of people feel it's up there, some even think it's better than Luck and Barkley.

It just depends. I think Arizona could sneak into this QB race as well.

Posted · Report post

I personally think Barkely is at least close to Luck. He's definitely on a tier above the rest of the QB's available.

Unless Arizona cleans house(fires Whiz, etc) they are stuck with Kolb the same way we're stuck with DWill. Unless they put an option that allows them to release him after one year with nothing owed, they're stuck.

Posted · Report post

I'd rather have Kalil and probably a few other guys listed after him, but the Coples selection is intriguing and I'm on the fence about it. Not sure how I would feel about the pick, I like Hardy but we need defense.

Posted · Report post

I'd rather have Kalil and probably a few other guys listed after him, but the Coples selection is intriguing and I'm on the fence about it. Not sure how I would feel about the pick, I like Hardy but we need defense.

I hope Mario Williams become a free agent, then we can trade Hardy for some picks. The Texans after all did release Amobi Okoye, who was a top 10 pick.

Posted · Report post

I personally think Barkely is at least close to Luck. He's definitely on a tier above the rest of the QB's available.

Unless Arizona cleans house(fires Whiz, etc) they are stuck with Kolb the same way we're stuck with DWill. Unless they put an option that allows them to release him after one year with nothing owed, they're stuck.

I'm on the fence about Barkley. I do think he's in a tier of his own I just don't know how close to Luck that tier is.

I honestly haven't watched much college football this year (aside from the Pac12 games they show out here) so I don't know much about RGIII, or some of the other prospects but what I do know is I do not like Jones one bit.

I think it's Luck............................Barkley............................................................................................The rest

Posted · Report post

Why trade down to get more average players when we can have an impact player at the top, in theory?

I would be VERY happy trading back with someone like Cleveland with 2 first round picks and have still possibly have a top 10 plus a mid teens picks. Having a Claiborne/Manti Te'o first round would fill some very nice holes.