• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,838 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

Goodson with 1 hammy is better than Vaughn with two. Or three. Or four even.

#17 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,385 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

Goodson with 1 hammy is better than Vaughn with two. Or three. Or four even.

Rivera does not like Goodson, and has said there were things distracting him from football before, but didn't specify.

#18 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

It's not like Goodson was playing, so this has little impact.

#19 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,617 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

I wonder if Rivera wishes he could expand the practice squad to 53.

#20 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

Can somebody, anybody, play special fuggin teams? Anybody?

#21 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,168 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Vaughn is better all around than Goodsen. I promise you that. And Kion Wilson is no slouch. The guy can play some LB.

But this is starting to look a lot like last season.

#22 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

Maybe Vaughn can play special teams better than Goodson, as in, is a better coverage guy, can actually hit someone, etc, much like Sutton used to do.

Maybe Kion Wilson can also play some decent special teams, and make a name for himself.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,730 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Vaughn is better all around than Goodsen. I promise you that. And Kion Wilson is no slouch. The guy can play some LB.

But this is starting to look a lot like last season.

sorry, but it's very different.

last year the team had nothing but question marks as far as the direction they were taking, an identity, and leadership. they were dismantling the team.

this year was the beginning of the rebuild. those big question marks are taken away. right now it's about finding which guys are going to help make that happen and in the offseason they will fill holes and fine tune things.

#24 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,171 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

Sutton> Vaughan

I second that. I really liked Sutton.

#25 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,838 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

#bringbacksutt

#26 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,171 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

I don't like direction I feel that Goodson is heading in with RR coaching staff. If feels to me like he's, for some reason, he feel on the wrong side of RR. I was hoping that we'd use him like N.O. uses Sproles.

#27 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

I don't like direction I feel that Goodson is heading in with RR coaching staff. If feels to me like he's, for some reason, he feel on the wrong side of RR. I was hoping that we'd use him like N.O. uses Sproles.

Very simple in Goodson's case....You put the ball on the ground a lot in the NFL and you don't play.

#28 sharkman

sharkman

lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Maybe Vaughn can play special teams better than Goodson, as in, is a better coverage guy, can actually hit someone, etc, much like Sutton used to do.

Maybe Kion Wilson can also play some decent special teams, and make a name for himself.

Goodson just wasn't cutting it on special teams. Perhaps that is due to the hammy.
Bottom line is our team needs coverage guys on special teams more than anything else and Goodson wasn't going to run down the field and make tackles. Vaughn will.
Also, Goodson is pretty over rated. Fast, yeah. His fumbles are well known. Worst pass blocker out of the back field we've had in years too. No way Goodson had the chance to be multidimensional on this team. If you're on the depth chart in a position like he had you had better be able to do a lot of stuff.

#29 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

I like Goodson, I like him so much I started following him on Twitter. Once I started following him on twitter it became obvious that Goodson, loves the things that football affords him, more than he loves football.

#30 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

this year was the beginning of the rebuild. those big question marks are taken away. right now it's about finding which guys are going to help make that happen and in the offseason they will fill holes and fine tune things.

i'm just seeing more and more holes pop up as the season goes on. linebackers were supposed to be the heart of our defense, now half of them have been injured and we can't be certain who will be able to return to form and who we need to replace. the offensive line has similar problems. big offseason investments like godfrey and d-will have been up and down to say the least. we don't have as much young talent as we like to think- most of our best players are veterans who should be in win-now mode. by the time we can fix all our current problems, those veteran guys will be gone and we will have a whole new set of problems to address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.