Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NC Board of trustees approve tuition hikes for UNC-CH

34 posts in this topic

Posted

The quality of instruction is the same because at the majority of CC's the professors work both at the CC and the closest University. For instance, in Boone, at Watauga campus of Caldwell Community College, over 2/3's of their teachers are also teachers at Appalachian State University.

I took a backpacking class there, a PE credit for anyone in a degree program, and it was taught by an ASU Art Professor.

not that this isn't to some extent true but i don't think a backpacking class is a good indicator of "quality of instruction."

Posted

not that this isn't to some extent true but i don't think a backpacking class is a good indicator of "quality of instruction."

I was just using it as an example of professors dual employment from my personal experience. There are dual employed instructors of higher quality courses there......wait why am I trying to explain myself.....fug YOU MISTER!!!

Posted

can't talk now... on my way to my treehouse building class.

Posted

It was actually an awesome class. Our exam was telling a story around the camp fire. I stayed up all night with the professor talking politics and drinking liquor out of nalgene bottles. When we ran out we started raiding other passed out students tents for more booze. The 10 mile hike up the side of Mt Rogers the next day was pretty brutal......

Posted

Of course that isn't really helping to prove my argument, but fug it was only a 1 credit course.

Posted

It was actually an awesome class. Our exam was telling a story around the camp fire. I stayed up all night with the professor talking politics and drinking liquor out of nalgene bottles. When we ran out we started raiding other passed out students tents for more booze. The 10 mile hike up the side of Mt Rogers the next day was pretty brutal......

i'm just messing with you, i'm sure it was fun.

Posted

A floppy story that doesn't involve green leafy stuff--- I ain't buying it.

Posted

A floppy story that doesn't involve green leafy stuff--- I ain't buying it.

Well now that you mention it. I was on probation at the time. After we got drunk the teacher kept saying to me, "You wanna smoke some? I could intimidate a student into getting us high?"

I probably told him that I was on probation like 10 times and that I couldn't smoke.

1 person likes this

Posted

When have you not been on probation?

:)

Posted

When have you not been on probation?

:)

When I get done with my current stint I will have been on probation for 9 our of the last 11 years.