Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

usmcpanthers

Should Tebow success get under Cam's skin

446 posts in this topic

You mean Matt Moore isn't awesome because of his 4-1 stretch at the end of 2009?!?!? GTFO!

you jerk, you know I love moore, gtfo

Green Bay (9-0), New Orleans (7-3), Chicago (6-3), Atlanta (5-4) and Tennessee (5-4) are horrible teams?

Really?

You forgot a couple teams there! Even Orton almost beat Tennessee... with a lesser offense too.. and just as bad D.

Atlanta barely beat Seattle.. lol

Seattle beat the Cardinals who Cam couldn't beat..

Using that run game of Tebows to make the runners around him so good allows Fox to play a very very tough ball control defensive game. This ultra slow conservative game MAKES The Golden Calf of Bristol look so bad passing the ball.. as well as the Broncos opponent.

The truly sad thing is that, even though you are an uber-troll, there's a 99.99% chance that you really believe what you said above.

know why The Golden Calf of Bristol and the broncos say a prayer after every completion? because it's a miracle the ball was within 10 yards of his receiver! haar... harr... ok, bad joke, offensive, my apologies. honest.

I actually like The Golden Calf of Bristol a lot and I hope he can keep getting better, I just think it is funny to hear people think he is a better passer at this point than... well, than any other QB in the league.

Quote:

Directly trying to compare them is foolish. But you can compare things like throwing motion, accuracy, etc... And there I think Cam is ahead of The Golden Calf of Bristol.

The reason you think that is simply because he is in a more uptempo offense.. it's fool's gold.

So an up tempo offense affects your throwing motion?

A slow tempo predictable offense that relies on the run game.. and a poor run game at that makes it very tough on you passing numbers.

Cam is passing on every down.. and has very good receivers and protection. This is why he looks so good.. when The Golden Calf of Bristol plays an uptempo no huddle style and isn't forced to rly on an ineffective run game which puts him in a bad position his offense and passing blossom.

That The Golden Calf of Bristol has no turnovers in this type of offense in his wins is incredible.. Cam could not do that in the same offense...

The Golden Calf of Bristol is also not a dink and dunker.. Cam is.. So was Orton..this is also why the numbers are so deceptive..

This is also why The Golden Calf of Bristol needs a better line.. because deep passing is the best part of his game.

i dunno if I'd call the Broncos a poor run game, considering they are top 5 in ypa, yards per game, and #2 in total yards.

edit: alright you are either trolling or don't watch our games if you think Cam is, right now, a dink and dunk passer... he is most definitely operating in a vertical offense.

know why The Golden Calf of Bristol and the broncos say a prayer after every completion? because it's a miracle the ball was within 10 yards of his receiver! haar... harr... ok, bad joke, offensive, my apologies. honest.

I actually like The Golden Calf of Bristol a lot and I hope he can keep getting better, I just think it is funny to hear people think he is a better passer at this point than... well, than any other QB in the league.

But this just shows how stupid people are.. Orton was considered a good passer..

And The Golden Calf of Bristol is winning with the same team and Orton couldn't.. worse in fact. The Golden Calf of Bristol lost Lloyd before he was made starter.

Orton's numbers and play went in the tank in Fox's slow tempo offense too.

Kyle Orton had TWO road wins in his last 28 games.. The Golden Calf of Bristol had 3 road wins in his first his first 7 starts..

People think just because The Golden Calf of Bristol is so conservative passing he can't pass.. he hasn't needed to be less conservative.. because of the style of play they have. And he makes less mistakes and is more efficient than other QBs in this style.. Cam too..

i dunno if I'd call the Broncos a poor run game, considering they are top 5 in ypa, yards per game, and #2 in total yards.

That is BECAUSE of The Golden Calf of Bristol.. before The Golden Calf of Bristol became the starter they were one of the wost run teams.. Because Orton is a dink and dunker like Cam.. this kills your run game. cam;s best throws are his short passes.

edit: alright you are either trolling or don't watch our games if you think Cam is, right now, a dink and dunk passer... he is most definitely operating in a vertical offense.

BECAUSE he has Steve Smith.. and great receivers opening the field and a great line protecting him..and has faced lockout Ds.

Cam's first couple games teams didn't even know he could pass because he was so atrocious in preseason.

How did Cam even start with that preseason? And Steven A Smith is railing against The Golden Calf of Bristol being made a starter.. lol It's absurd.

Orton has had many years under his belt; comparing him to The Golden Calf of Bristol as a proxy for Cam is a bad idea. Plus it's not like the Broncos were running the AC with Orton. They weren't. If you want to debate Orton vs The Golden Calf of Bristol do it in a different forum, though, this is for the Panthers.

But really, my belief that Cam is a better passer and will be a better quarterback than The Golden Calf of Bristol has to do with mechanics, not the offense they are running. Hopefully The Golden Calf of Bristol keeps improving and Fox does well.

We got it guys. Alex Smith is the best QB in the league besides Aaron Rodgers.

Exactly, Alex Smith > Tom Brady based on The Golden Calf of Bristol > Cam logic.

The point is if Cam was as good as people say he would have been the surefire number 2 behind The Golden Calf of Bristol.

He COULDN'T beta out Brantley behind The Golden Calf of Bristol.. and people are acting like Cam should have started over The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Cam couldn't even get on the field like The Golden Calf of Bristol was used in his freshman year to win a championship.

I am telling you.. Cam was not the passer OR runner The Golden Calf of Bristol was... and still isn't.

Cam had great runners at Aubrun that too all the pressure off him and a dominant oline. At Florida cam would have gotten KILLED trying to run and pass the ball like The Golden Calf of Bristol did.

Cam should have been the ideal replacement for The Golden Calf of Bristol but they took Brantley over Cam? That should tell you all you need to know.. and now cam is losing with much better offense than The Golden Calf of Bristol in the NFL..

And people want o make excuses for Cam? Why? What has he ever done to deserve the benefit of the doubt.. especially over The Golden Calf of Bristol and with so much offensive talent and a dominant line? Better coaching too..

you're giving The Golden Calf of Bristol too much credit and newton not enough...esp. from what he has done this season.

you must be a UF fan. i wouldn't expect you to have much of an open mind regarding either. The Golden Calf of Bristol is your boy so...

The truly sad thing is that, even though you are an uber-troll, there's a 99.99% chance that you really believe what you said above.

It's the truth.. why do you think the Broncos D looks so much better? it's the slow pace and The Golden Calf of Bristol's impact on the run game..

The Golden Calf of Bristol doesn't even have good runners.. if he had Cam's runners. good lord... or his receivers... and line..