Photo
- - - - -

Kris Jenkins On His Time In Carolina, John Fox, and Playing In the NFL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#16 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:58 AM

I do not mind someone checking up on me if I am doing the right thing.

Trust is earned.

#17 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

great read.

#18 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

I was really waiting to get to the line in that story where he likened playing in the NFL to being a slave. Am I the only one that got the impression he wanted to go there?

AP will forever go down in the record books as a flaming idiot for that statement!

#19 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

Jayflip pretty much nailed it. Jenkins still does not man up to anything he ever does or did. It's always because of this or because of that. Just like how in one sentence he says he was an idiot and in the next three paragraphs explaining how it was not his fault and he went through a lot of things. Carolina checked up on you and probably for good reason right? You are/were an idiot after all right? So why do you have a problem with a company checking on their team idiot that is a million+ dollar investment? If I hired an idiot to wax my boat for 5 million dollars you bet your ass I'd be breathing down his neck. Get it?

See he goes on about the combines and contracts like their warnings, warning he doesn't admit failing to see, jst admits they are there. That is what a contract is and everyone who makes that kind of money has them. What about showing up to the combine? What about the signature on the contracts and not the contracts themselves? See pointing out all the bad things but taking out the fact it was his choice and only happened with him agreeing to partake in them. He just doesn't involve himself in anything that happens to him. I didn't know how to live so it wasn't my fault, I didn't know, there are warnings I ignored but no one just flat out told me so I didn't know, not my fault. fuging stupid.

He was a good player but if he thinks he is anywhere close to his idol Reggie White he truly is an idiot.

As far as player's health I don't know enough to agree with him there and I guess we can't blame him for not knowing football was a contact sport and injuries can go into older age... no one told him, you have to tell idiots things even the obvious.

Edited by FortySixand2, 20 November 2011 - 11:36 AM.

#20 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

Jenks is just being real - can't hate on him for that.

#21 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

Excellent article, and I agree 100% with his thoughts on the conditioning. The NFL definitely doesn't do enough to focus on a player's core while training. Look at the NHL...that's nearly all they focus on with their players and those guys have extremely long careers and put up with a very similar (sometimes more) amounts of physicality.

#22 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Good read.

#23 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

People loved Jenks when he was here for "telling it like it is". Now he isn't here, and people moan about him doing what he has always done...?

Personally, yes I saw shots at the way the Panthers were running, but he also said that some things are getting better. However, I saw the majority being shots at the NFL itself, then using examples of teams that do get it right.

He also said he loved and wouldn't change it, so he's not really bitching and moaning. Just telling it like it is for those who don't know. People do realise this was transcriptions of interviews, right? He isn't in control of the way the questions are going...

#24 Crixtala

Crixtala

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

i think it's funny people just assume minter and rucker are class guys

#25 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

I do not mind someone checking up on me if I am doing the right thing.

Trust is earned.

Agreed. I for one look forward to the day uncle sam has cameras in our houses. I'm doing the right thing- why should I care if they are checking up on me from time to time?