109 replies to this topic

#46 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

We're not rebuilding, we've always been building.

This season it seems we got injured going back to the construction site but found that 1 stud along the way

#47 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Most talked about 2-8 team.

#48 smikey

smikey

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

we sucked for years until we got Stafford...
your teams only as good as your qb
the other peices will fall in place....
anyone complaining during his first year doesnt get it...
you only have to look as far as yesterday to see the difference Stafford made....
Its allllll about the qb....give him some time.....he is a franchise qb

#49 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

Im just ready to rebuild this horrible Defense!

#50 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,189 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

This Rebuiling crap is gettin old fast... how many years rebuilding now...

Counting this year?

One :sosp:

Rivera and company only started this season. Anything done before the new staff got here doesn't really matter...with the exception that Richardson's moves to prep for the lockout actually put them in a pretty good starting position.

Edited by Mr Scot, 21 November 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#51 Seltzer

Seltzer

• ALL-PRO
  • 650 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

Great Thread- seriously.

Everyone knew this was a rebuilding year- and yes, so was last year. Next year is where the expectations are, regardless of what the final record is this year.

I was as pissed as anyone yesterday with them blowing that lead. But ultimately, it means nothing for the future. This is not a playoff team, and really what difference does it make whether the team is 4-12 or 6-10.

This year was about Cam and I couldn't be happier with him and the offense as a whole. Yes, there are still issues with halftime adjustments and the offense bogging down in the second halves, but seriously, compared to last year you couldn't possibly ask for more.

The defense is horrible, and while I expect improvements from Rivera/McDermitt, the defense is not going get much better until the off-season drafting/getting injured guys back. Sad truth. Team had very little defensive depth, and with the injuries things have spiraled out of control.

Rivera needs to make serious improvement with his clock managements, but I'm not going to bury the guy in year 1.

This team hit rock bottom after the Arizona game in 2008. Hurney and Co. were living in denial in 2009 (as were most fans), and they made a lot of bad decisions (Trading up for Everrette Brown, Delhomme deal) to go all-in one last year.

Those are the type of moves that set a team back a couple of years. 2010 was the weirdest year in franchise history. The team needed to rip the band-aid off and unload the bad money deals, but you combine that with Fox's not wanting to be here but not wanting to give up his money/ Richardson not signing any FA or resigning guys with the CBA dispute/ and the accumulation of some bad draft decision, and it was a fiasco.

But last year led to the team drafting Newton, and that is the most important step to becoming a good team year after year. Give Hurney credit where it is due. A lot of GM's wouldn't have the stones to do what he did. He has blown some picks, but drafting Cam evens those out a lot more than most fans want to give him credit for.

This year's draft is equally as crucial as last year's. If we draft well and get the injured players back, this SHOULD be a playoff team next year. That is my expectation as a fan and long-term PSL holder.

I will not be patient beyond next year. But to complain too much this year masks the fact that progress is being made to return this team to the playoffs. Could it still be derailed? Yes, but the truth is this team, regardless of the record, is heading back in the right direction in spite of the short-term issues.

This team has not been great since 2005. Think about that. 2008, in retrospect, was an aberration based on an easy schedule. Fox (and Hurney) tried for WAY too long to try to band-aid their way back to the playoffs.

The direction they are going in now is the best long-term approach. We have to be patient as least one more year.

#52 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,189 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

Me too... we played better... no one is saying we accept losing, but if you had high expectations this season you were misguided. Another good draft and get these injured guys back and we'll be contenders.

All you guys griping about INTs, Cam is still a rookie no matter how good he looks sometimes.

we are, we all are, but if you are expecting more play Madden you can fix a team in one season and turn off injuries.

Exactly. And how many excruciating close losses did we have in 2002? And how many leads did we throw away? Remember the 2002 Dallas game? Yeah...

People need to calm the **** down. I'm sick of losing too, but this was to be expected this season. You should all be happy we have Cam and other pieces. One more draft and offseason and getting Beason and others back... we're gonna destroy teams next year.

Exactely... you dont rebuild with a lame duck coach. Last year was a toss away, gut the roster, bunker down, to prep for the labor dispute.

I am just as disappointed and angry with the loses, I was ready to throw my remote through the tv yesterday, and the are issues that do exist with this team BUT damn..... people do need to just chill. It sure is a lot easier to suffer through this season knowing we finally have the QB position addressed. If the team plays like this next year then I can see some validation for the b*itching.

Pretty much.

Yes, losing sucks, but I have more hope for this team's future than I've had in years. Don't really understand why people would be pessimistic about that.

#53 GSQUARED

GSQUARED

Blissfully Omniscient

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

Some of you are a emotional mess

Posted Image

#54 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

any time you do a rebuild, you will more than likely have to do some demolition. that is what last year was.

this year is the beginning of the actual build. lack of offseason and injuries to key players really set things back, but that can't be helped.

things will be better next year and every year going forward.

we have seen more than enough to feel good about the direction we are headed.

#55 Jangler

Jangler

open your head and look around

• HUDDLER
  • 47,987 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

we are one more box of legos away from winning.

#56 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

we're the best 2-8 team in the league!

Vikings get that claim.

#57 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,609 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Some of you are a emotional mess

a tampon won't help with being an emotional mess.....I would recommend these:

Posted Image

#58 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,676 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

The whole "rebuilding year" is a load of crap. It's an excuse made for bad poorly managed teams. Well run organizations don't rebuild and field bottom 2 teams for consecutive years. They reload. They lose a guy to retirement, injury or free agency and it doesn't matter. They have a young stud waiting in the wings or they go out and acquire new talent, plug him in and continue right along winning.

And BTW I'm perfectly calm though I guess pointing out negative things about the organization leads some people to think you are somehow freaking out. I just like to see things how they are. We've had several years of horrible drafting, horrible trades, no noteable outside free agents and poor cap management. This has left us with one of the weakest rosters in the NFL and you see the result.

It all comes back to management. If the FO was doing a good job to begin with then you wouldn't have to blow up the team and start over.

#59 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

lol, at least the OP put this nonsense into his title.

#60 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

if fox had been forward thinking rather than trying to recreate the '03 team with the same players then we might not have been in this mess.

fox ran us down the wrong road and last year was setting up for the actual rebuilding with the necessary building blocks we were previously lacking (coaching staff & QB).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com