Photo
- - - - -

We gave up 35 second half points today....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#61 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Never said we lost b/c of Cam, just he was inaccurate and had a bad game, that's my opinion.

The offense as a whole is why we lost because they scored 8 points and couldn't hold onto the ball in the second half.

I understand this view point but I disagree with the second statement, I personally think the defense holds more blame for the loss, even if we should expect them to give up 35 points in a half. But the offense was a factor... as much our strange play calling as cam's accuracy. There were a lot of "WTF?" moments today in the 2nd half on offense.

#62 Shonuff

Shonuff

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

Never said we lost b/c of Cam, just he was inaccurate and had a bad game, that's my opinion.

The offense as a whole is why we lost because they scored 8 points and couldn't hold onto the ball in the second half.

He didn't have a bad game, not GREAT game, but he played decent enough for the Panthers to win....what else can you ask him to do??? fly the charter as well??? Wow

#63 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

lol this entire board had no reason to believe the team would be competitive this year until Cam basically lifted their spirits and hope and now they're blaming him

also it's funny people are blaming anyone in general considering the circumstances

#64 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

I understand this view point but I disagree with the second statement, I personally think the defense holds more blame for the loss, even if we should expect them to give up 35 points in a half. But the offense was a factor... as much our strange play calling as cam's accuracy. There were a lot of "WTF?" moments today in the 2nd half on offense.

Even with our scrub level talent on defense McDermott isn't helping at all.

There was a 12 yard cushion on almost every pass play in the second half, that isn't the talent that is a moron DC.

#65 Shonuff

Shonuff

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

You do realize the Detroit was going to step-it up a notch....you have to match that on the other side of the field....the defense failed again. This is the NFL, when you score more than 20+ points, that's not the offenses fault regardless of INTs, overthrows, etc..Hell, Tom Brady had 4 INTs in a game this season.

#66 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

You do realize the Detroit was going to step-it up a notch....you have to match that on the other side of the field....the defense failed again. This is the NFL, when you score more than 20+ points, that's not the offenses fault regardless of INTs, overthrows, etc..Hell, Tom Brady had 4 INTs in a game this season.

Right we were poised to do that with whats his face and whose that guy lining up at DT and LB for us.

"Hey guys I know we scored 20 points, but the rest of the game is on you were taking the day off now." signed -offense

:idea:

#67 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

the offense scored 28 points though, which is a pretty good number for a team. Special teams added in another 7. Still wasn't enough, but... meh.

At the start of the season I didn't want us starting Cam because I didn't think he'd be good enough to carry this team. At this point, I'm not sure any quarterback would be :P maybe Aaron Rodgers...

#68 Shonuff

Shonuff

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Right we were poised to do that with whats his face and whose that guy lining up at DT and LB for us.

"Hey guys I know we scored 20 points, but the rest of the game is on you were taking the day off now." signed -offense

:idea:

No, do your DAMN job, they're gonna make adjustments during the half...hold em to a field goal versus the end zone...WTF. Still waiting on Panthers to make a defensive adjustment.

#69 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

No, do your DAMN job, they're gonna make adjustments during the half...hold em to a field goal versus the end zone...WTF. Still waiting on Panthers to make a defensive adjustment.

So it's not the offenses job to score in the second half?
Just after they reach a certain number of points?

#70 Shonuff

Shonuff

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

So it's not the offenses job to score in the second half?
Just after they reach a certain number of points?

No, they scored another TD, but this is the NFL you're only gonna score so many points unless you're playing us. Teams make half-time adjustments, they destroyed our D in the second half....it was embarassing.

#71 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

I think the half time adjustment was "settle down."

Stafford started playing pretty well in the 2nd quarter, that just carried over after the half.

#72 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

I agree, have said it 1,000 times that our defense sucks, there is no hope with them.
The only chance is on the offense.

#73 Shonuff

Shonuff

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

I agree, have said it 1,000 times that our defense sucks, there is no hope with them.
The only chance is on the offense.

Agreed Foxy and I too was mad with the offense during the 1st portion of the 2 half cause I knew it was coming, that's what the Lions have done all season. The best run is the short passes to Dwill and Jstew...get first downs chew up some clock, the defense is lousy...