jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

I'm rewatching the game right now.

Backfoot: This is becoming a problem for Cam throwing off his backfoot, leads to high inaccurate balls, he needs to work on his mechanics instead of relying on his arm strength.

Low snaps: Are becoming a problem with Kalil because he has to take his eyes off the field and on securing the ball which takes him off his progressions.

Offensive line: the oline backing into Cam is a problem, him getting hit while throwing often leads to floated balls and can easily be intercepted.

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,741 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

hard not to throw off your back foot when you're being pushed backwards off your front foot.

#3 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

He also needs to stop looking downfield all the time and take what they give him underneath. Sometimes he gets a little over confident and thinks he can use his arm strength to squeeze the ball in a tight spot. It is awesome when it works but a lot of times, those balls are overthrown, tipped, or incomplete.

#4 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Backfoot: This is becoming a problem for Cam throwing off his backfoot, leads to high inaccurate balls, he needs to work on his mechanics instead of relying on his arm strength.

Low snaps: Are becoming a problem with Kalil because he has to take his eyes off the field and on securing the ball which takes him off his progressions.

Offensive line: the oline backing into Cam is a problem, him getting hit while throwing often leads to floated balls and can easily be intercepted.

thanks.....now that you've covered the first series let us know how the rest

turn out.

#5 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,087 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

thanks.....now that you've covered the first series let us know how the rest

turn out.

I'm actually done.

#6 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,087 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

But seriously wtf is with Kalil and his low snaps?

#7 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

I noticed Kalil had a lot of low snaps today. Pesky.

The thing about those downfield passes everyone is upset about-most of the time the receiver is open...Cam just hasn't been hitting them the past couple weeks. We were highly succesful doing that in the beginning of the year when he was accurate, but he's gotten mechanically lazy the past couple weeks. Yes, there has pressure in the interior the past couple weeks (which makes me think RG is a much bigger need than the high profile OT everybody seems to want) but the lanes have still been there. He's simply been sluggish mechanically, and the coaching staff needs to get onto him about it.

Edited by Cat'sGrowl, 20 November 2011 - 11:17 PM.

#8 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,954 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Kalil was hurt last week; may still be.

Pretty sure every shotgun snap was low, some were virtually on the ground. there is no doubt it is hurting Cam's ability to get the ball out quick.

My main issues with him are that I think he is too reluctant to take the short gains, holds onto the ball too long (this is tied to the previous) and that he is very inconsistent in his mechanics. I think he can improve on all these areas, but I do think his mechanics are a bit worse than when he started the season, and it's showing with the consistency of his passes. That is not terribly surprising all things considered and it's not something I am panicking about, because he is just a rookie.

#9 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,087 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

Kalil was hurt last week; may still be.

Pretty sure every shotgun snap was low, some were virtually on the ground. there is no doubt it is hurting Cam's ability to get the ball out quick.

My main issues with him are that I think he is too reluctant to take the short gains, holds onto the ball too long (this is tied to the previous) and that he is very inconsistent in his mechanics. I think he can improve on all these areas, but I do think his mechanics are a bit worse than when he started the season, and it's showing with the consistency of his passes. That is not terribly surprising all things considered and it's not something I am panicking about, because he is just a rookie.

I believe he did better with not taking the sack etc, button he just has to learn to not throw it's within so many defenders in the area.

#10 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

The main problem for Cam is he presses cause he knows he needs to make a TD on every drive. Once he knows he can rely on his Defense things will get better.

#11 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

The relief is his problems are mostly mental and he's very coachable.

#12 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

How many times was Cam sacked by the vaunted Lions pass rush?

#13 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,954 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

sacked once but he was pressured quite a bit more than that.

#14 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,984 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

The main problem for Cam is he presses cause he knows he needs to make a TD on every drive. Once he knows he can rely on his Defense things will get better.

Definately a ton of pressure on this Rook. By himself and by the play of his teammates at times.

#15 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

I think it would help a lot if they didn't over do it with all of those passes. You can still get the bombs in with a balanced attack. The way we ran the ball, there was no excuse for 18 rushes to 38 passes. (Excluding Cam's 7)

Completely unnecessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.