Cam and his problems

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

I've been saying for weeks that two of our three best playmakers are our running backs, and Chud, maybe because of how they want to "battle test" Cam, seems reluctant to give them the touches that would likely really help this team.

#17 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

I've been saying for weeks that two of our three best playmakers are our running backs, and Chud, maybe because of how they want to "battle test" Cam, seems reluctant to give them the touches that would likely really help this team.

I will say this about Chud, he is not good at using RBs or getting a QB into rhythm. I think the latter is why you see spotty performance from Cam allot of the time.

#18 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

Well in Cleveland one of the biggest complaints was that Chud wasn't feeding Lewis enough and instead relying on Anderson to a fault.

#19 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

Well in Cleveland one of the biggest complaints was that Chud wasn't feeding Lewis enough and instead relying on Anderson to a fault.

I dont mind feeding the stud as long as you have a shot passing game to make up for lost runs. Then again I really cant complain when the offense is putting up 20+ points a game with a Rookie QB. Hell if Gettis can come back and stretch the field next year we could put up 30+ a game.

#20 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,654 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

Im not liking Chud atm. He is unbalanced and he doesnt call plays to help the team and Cam.

#21 Lakejamescat

Lakejamescat

Help is on the Way

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

We need to adjust our blocking schemes as teams adjust their strategy defensively. I also hope that the QB coach is going over these things after each series and not just after bad plays. I love his desire to win. I am afraid there are some fans here who seem ok with losing or losing close.

#22 Lakejamescat

Lakejamescat

Help is on the Way

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:05 AM

I dont mind feeding the stud as long as you have a shot passing game to make up for lost runs. Then again I really cant complain when the offense is putting up 20+ points a game with a Rookie QB. Hell if Gettis can come back and stretch the field next year we could put up 30+ a game.

Yes but we need D! I remember the early 80s when Dan Fouts was putting up crazy points and the got Zero championships.

#23 TrueDat

TrueDat

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:26 AM

His main problem is he is 1 for 8 now in close 4th quarter games. He throws interceptions in the red-zone when we go score, and throws interceptions in our own putting our defense in a position to get scored on. He kills both sides of the ball with his horrible passing under pressure.

He can't have a good passing game when Steve Smith gets shut down.

#24 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

His main problem is he is 1 for 8 now in close 4th quarter games. He throws interceptions in the red-zone when we go score, and throws interceptions in our own putting our defense in a position to get scored on. He kills both sides of the ball with his horrible passing under pressure.

He can't have a good passing game when Steve Smith gets shut down.

Yeah, that was a horrible drive to tie the game at 35 with 8 minutes left in the game. What a choke job.

Your stupidity has no bounds. And yes, that was a personal insult. Don't make the mistake of thinking I meant it any other way.

#25 TrueDat

TrueDat

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:41 AM

Yeah, that was a horrible drive to tie the game at 35 with 8 minutes left in the game. What a choke job.

Your stupidity has no bounds. And yes, that was a personal insult. Don't make the mistake of thinking I meant it any other way.

So because he had one good drive, the other 30 pooty ones don't count? That was the ONLY drive this offense marched down the field and scored a touchdown the entire game. Their first full field drive for a touchdown came in the 4th quarter. Everything else was because of the defense.

And the interceptions that came after that don't matter?

Who wins football games with quarterbacks that look like this?
Newton 22/38 280 7.4 1 4 50.2

Jimmy Clausen can do the same poo. He threw less interceptions though.

Edited by TrueDat, 21 November 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#26 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,962 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

So because he had one good drive, the other 30 pooty ones don't count? That was the ONLY drive this offense marched down the field and scored a touchdown the entire game. Their first full field drive for a touchdown came in the 4th quarter. Everything else was because of the defense.

So with this in mind...support your QB and hope he improves. If not, you clearly don't want him to do good. We get it, he's struggling...so is most of our young team

#27 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

yeah............... people will take you serious now.

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

But seriously wtf is with Kalil and his low snaps?

Kalil's fault

Everyone knows that a low snap means a high throw

#29 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

[QUOTE][quote name='jtgreensboro']I'm rewatching the game right now.

Backfoot: This is becoming a problem for Cam throwing off his backfoot, leads to high inaccurate balls, he needs to work on his mechanics instead of relying on his arm strength.

Low snaps: Are becoming a problem with Kalil because he has to take his eyes off the field and on securing the ball which takes him off his progressions.

Offensive line: the oline backing into Cam is a problem, him getting hit while throwing often leads to floated balls and can easily be intercepted.[/QUOTE[/QUOTE]
Some of u simply have nothing else better to do.

It's clear unlike the other QBs, finding fault with Cam comes quite easily for some...I wonder why. And sadly its the same BS to start and get attention.

As Deion Sanders said, it's the receivers job to get the balls. QBs are always going to throw perfect. Unless ur Cam Newton and some folks just gain pleasure from finding something wrong with u....

Anyway, Cam didn't blow a 24-7 lead in the second half...The defense did...

#30 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:36 AM

Yeah...Cam blew a 24-7 lead in the second...Oh I forget, he doesn't play DEFENSE...I'm sure u'd figure out a way to make even the defense struggles Cam's fault.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com