14 replies to this topic

#1 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

I don’t know how much support this idea will get, but I think it is much needed. I used to post or visit the Carolina Forum more often, but this year it has exploded with insanity…. It seems like most of the post/posters now are either so far biased to one side, name calling, and just annoying. We see objective posts, but it usually gets drowned out with less objective post. So instead of complaining he is my solution.

Create a Sub Football forum… some type of “Panthers Civil discussion forum”. Rules are simple… only objective post only. No name calling, yelling ect… A place where you can make statements and back them up with facts or reasonable theories. A forum where people’s opinions of a subject is not made up before it happens no matter what the outcome of said event is. A place where people actually read what others said and thinks before responding.

You would need a good moderator who gets it. First time someone violates rules they get a warning, 2nd time a ban from the sub forum. Set a time/post requirement to post in the forum. Maybe 100, 200, or 500 post… maybe members who have been here for at least 3 months or a combination thereof. This way you keep out people who just want to create alts to post in the forum and violate rules, or who just keep making new screen names every time they get banned for the forum.

This is all. I think it’s a great idea and could bring some people back to the main forum. IT can be a good football discussion area for those who want good discussion, while still allowing what goes on in the main forum to continue.

#2 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,764 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

#3 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

Poop

#4 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,361 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

I think the name calling and poo is quite far down. There are still a decent amount of trolls, and there are still a lot of useless posts, but by and large the forum doesn't seem as hostile in general as it was for a few weeks there.

On the other hand it is dominated by extremes lately... which aren't so fun to discuss.

#5 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,518 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

we could discuss our quarrels over a spot of tea and some crepes mayhaps.

#6 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

I don't engage the trolls but it does get old having to sort through their garbage. You put them on ignore, then people quote them, plus they have a new name every few hours. It's gotten progressively worse in just the short time I've been on here. I like the fact that this forum isn't over-moderated, but the obvious trolls should only be allowed to post in the smack forum. That way the people that just want to argue can go there.

#7 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

:party:

#8 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

Pistols at sunrise.

#9 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

tl : dr

#10 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,913 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

Yeah this would work:rolleyes:

#11 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Yeah, Booooyyyyyy....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,788 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Hey fellas, what's going on here?

Oh, I see.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#12 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Yeah, Booooyyyyyy....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,788 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

.......wheeeeze......

#13 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Yeah, Booooyyyyyy....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,788 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

......bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........

#14 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Posted Image

anybody else want to discuss my quarrels?

/they has green feathers.

#15 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

good luck finding a mod that gets it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.