Photo
- - - - -

Seven Round Carolina Panther Mock Draft: 1st Edition.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#11 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

Ahhh, makes sense why you jumped the other thread about what I said! You are the one that has Still in rd. 1! I like your mock, especially Lester! I wouldn't be upset with this, however, we have a glaring hole on defense that isn't filled by starter talent and will not be until we address it. Davis may come back.......but its over! He is not the future, nor should he be.

So, my biggest issue is you addressed our biggest need with a draft pick we do not have and assume we will trade up! I think we will trade for more picks, however, Linebackers(especially WLB) is the team's BIGGEST void to be filled! And we go there within the first two rds!

#12 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

One thing we can be thankful for this year, we'll be able to address needs via free agency before the draft. We should have a better idea of what the team will be looking to do in the draft based on what they get in free agency.

#13 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

I bet we get a 2nd and 3rd rounder, OR, 1st Next year and 3rd this year if we trade down.

Likely teams that would trade with us are Miami and Washingto whom both will be targetting Barkley from USC. We should still be in position to take a player like Morris Claiborne around pick #6-10.

I like Still, but he is projected as a late 1st early 2nd pick (right now) although that could change. I really like Lester, but I think we have more pressing needs than FS to spend that high of a pick.

#14 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

FS is one of the most glaring needs on this team...

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Let's see what is wrong with this draft.....

1. Having another rookie DT on this team is not going to add immediate help. They take too long to develop.

2. I am a big Penn State fan and have watched every game. Still is a very good player, but he is NOT a dominant force that should warrant a Top 5 pick.

3. We DO NOT have a 3rd Rd pick....remember the Olsen trade.

4. Captn should be nothing more than a Nickle Back in the NFL. There is a major defensive playmaker named Mo Caliborne from LSU. Guys is an absolute beast.

Pair Claiborne with Gamble....get Beson back....bring in an OLB in the draft or FA....get Edwards back....maybe add another DT to the mix in FA and Rivera will start to have the tools he needs to build a dominant defense yet again.

#16 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

As far as trade partners, if we are in position for Barkley then I'm thinking Seattle could emerge as players

#17 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

I would guess that not many Panthers fans would agree with you. I'd say that most fans would say that FS is not a top 3 need on this team.. and thus should not warrant a 2nd round pick, especially considering we do not currently have a 3rd round pick.

In my opinion, our needs are as followed:

1. DT
2. CB
3. OLB
4. OT
5. WR
6. P
7. FS

And obviously everyone is different, but I don't think many people at all would have FS in their top 3.

#18 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

I can agree with that. It might not be our number 1 priority on defense but it's up there. Martin needs to be replaced and really I don't like Godfrey all that much either besides run support. Good thing he's not a FS.

#19 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Let's see what is wrong with this draft.....

1. Having another rookie DT on this team is not going to add immediate help. They take too long to develop.

2. I am a big Penn State fan and have watched every game. Still is a very good player, but he is NOT a dominant force that should warrant a Top 5 pick.

3. We DO NOT have a 3rd Rd pick....remember the Olsen trade.

4. Captn should be nothing more than a Nickle Back in the NFL. There is a major defensive playmaker named Mo Caliborne from LSU. Guys is an absolute beast.

Pair Claiborne with Gamble....get Beson back....bring in an OLB in the draft or FA....get Edwards back....maybe add another DT to the mix in FA and Rivera will start to have the tools he needs to build a dominant defense yet again.

I honestly have no clue how people get through life with this kind of ignorance. It baffles me.

#20 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

I would guess that not many Panthers fans would agree with you. I'd say that most fans would say that FS is not a top 3 need on this team.. and thus should not warrant a 2nd round pick, especially considering we do not currently have a 3rd round pick.

In my opinion, our needs are as followed:

1. DT
2. CB
3. OLB
4. OT
5. WR
6. P
7. FS

And obviously everyone is different, but I don't think many people at all would have FS in their top 3.

Punter ahead of FS? I know Baker is having a down year but punters (especially with our offense) don't make that much of an impact that I would have them ranked higher than a FS.