Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When Did the GOP Lose Touch With Reality?

47 posts in this topic

Posted

like this?

23938_323769743716_10498053716_3629778_4943952_n.jpg

or maybe this

19547_245184398716_10498053716_3362032_5220719_n.jpg

Yes, the media is so unfair to conservatives. You are a victim.

Posted

Here is the problem with that quote.

It isn't factual. The rich aren't being offered low taxes, in fact they pay the highest tax rate. It's all BS.

I am starting to think that Obunga has told his lies so much that people accept them for truth.

Oh the irony...

Posted

Yes, the media is so unfair to conservatives. You are a victim.

Wow you couldn't have a more stereotypical leftist projection/deflection post.

Congratulations, I guess.

Posted

Here is the problem with that quote.

It isn't factual. The rich aren't being offered low taxes, in fact they pay the highest tax rate. It's all BS.

I am starting to think that Obunga has told his lies so much that people accept them for truth.

Rather than workable solutions, my party is offering low taxes for the currently rich and high spending for the currently old, to be followed by who-knows-what and who-the-hell-cares. This isn’t conservatism; it’s a going-out-of-business sale for the baby-boom generation.

I'm pretty sure he is saying the Republicans are wanting to lower taxes for the rich. Also the current tax % that the richest tax bracket is being taxed at is one of the lowest ever.

Posted

I'm pretty sure he is saying the Republicans are wanting to lower taxes for the rich. Also the current tax % that the richest tax bracket is being taxed at is one of the lowest ever.

The highest tax bracket (as far as income) is one of the lowest in the modern era. Of course, that was offset in the 80s by the introduction of taxes on capital gains, sources of revenue for people that were not previously taxed. Sure, the highest tax rate is lower now than it was in say 1998 (by like 3% points), but the tax rate on the middle class has been dropped even more to the point of being eliminated for many middle and low income earners.

If you crank the numbers, we might could all realize that raising taxes won't fix our budget issues. In fact, if we dropped the bush tax cuts on the highest income earners, there would only be a roughly 75 billion USD increase in revenue (ignoring entirely whether GDP growth would then slow). If we dropped the bush tax cuts on middle and low income earners, there would be a roughly 200 billion USD increase in revenue (subject to same caveats). That won't hardly close the gap on the 1.4 trillion a year in debt that president Downgrade in racking up. This is all about class warfare and trying to get president Downgrade reelected.

Nobody wants to make deep and serious spending cuts and program changes to military, medicare, medicaid, and social security spending. Everyone is worried about getting reelected and catering to society that is, by and large, incapable of cranking the numbers themselves. But spending is the problem, plain and simple!

Everybody should sit back and ask themselves if they think they are getting a good return on the (let's just assume an effective tax rate of 25%) 25% that the feds seize from each of your paychecks. Sure, the feds provide me safety in the form of an army, the feds also had a decent amount of involvement in establishing our communications and travel infrastructure, and the feds provide the courts in which our law is based, but does anyone really think that the 25% of your money that the feds take in taxes each year from your paycheck is being spent wisely? Compare that to the roughly 7% effective tax rate that the State takes in and what the State provides- education, roads, police, etc.

Posted

Term limits on congressional members would help. When they're held to 8-12 years in office, they may be more willing to get poo done rather than just worrying about being re-elected.

Posted

Term limits on congressional members would help. When they're held to 8-12 years in office, they may be more willing to get poo done rather than just worrying about being re-elected.

I dunno. It's all about your respective team (dems, repubs) now.

Posted

I dunno. It's all about your respective team (dems, repubs) now.

That's the way its projected but not the way it is imo

Posted

The Democrats have had ZERO concept of reality for years.

They believe that you can spend, spend, and spend some more regardless of whether you can afford it.

They believe that you shoudl take from those who have achieved success in their financial careers....to merely hand it to people who do nothing but "want" it.

Their rallying call is to create one more entitlement to entice the lazy, uneducated, and entitlement generation to become that much more dependent upon the government for their survival.

The American way of being accountable for your successes and failures....getting a good education (and I am not talking about the idiot in the paper who racked up $250k in student loans to get a damn masters degree in photography)....and working your ass off for 20 years to obtain success has gone the way of....20 year olds who expect the same lifestyle immediatly that their parents worked 20 years f.or

1 person likes this

Posted

That's the way its projected but not the way it is imo

really? I see a bunch of party line votes. All Repubs on one side, all Dems on another.

Posted

Republicans lost me when they became the party of Jesus.

Posted

Madhatter, That's not what they believe, thats what you like to think they believe. Straw man, easy to refute.

1 person likes this