ya should be use to those.

#17 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

I'm tired of watching Captain get burned, whether Gamble fans want to admit it or not he has given up some big key plays this year.

Gamble is probably having the best year of his career, and has by in large shut down the #1 receiver of damn near every team we've played, including Larry Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings & Calvin Johnson. Dude has been an absolute stud this year, and for the first time since he got his big contract, is earning every penny of it in my opinion.

#18 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

for those of you pissed........just pretend it's one of foxies 7 and 9 seasons

ya should be use to those.

Better that than the past 2 seasons

#19 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Where's Happy Panther to tell you that you are a complacent fan??

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

Storm clouds are always darkest before the sun shines through

Some fans see lemonds and turn sour
Other fans make lemonade

Time is on Rivera's side
All the positives on offense is a huge improvement
over the run offense that had Steve Smith mad enough to want to leave

Panthers are losing with an exciting offense that can score and try to win
without help from the defense

Last 2 seasons they lost with a run offense that did alot of 3 and outs ,trying to not lose the game
With a defense that showed up to play

Rivera is not going anywhere
J R sees the improvements and will give him 3 years

is this some sort of weird haiku?

#21 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

Some fans see lemonds and turn sour
Other fans make lemonade

Whats a lemond? Is that some new lemon almond hybrid?

#22 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

I'm derpa pissed.

#23 maddog

maddog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Gamble is probably having the best year of his career, and has by in large shut down the #1 receiver of damn near every team we've played, including Larry Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings & Calvin Johnson. Dude has been an absolute stud this year, and for the first time since he got his big contract, is earning every penny of it in my opinion.

He may be having the best year of his career but looking back I myself am not impressed. As for shutting down Johnson I wouldn't call shutting him down with 5 receptions for 89 yards. Johnson's fantasy points last week may not hold much merit but that is a decent game. Yeah Fitz was held to 62 yards and Jennings had 55 so that wasn't to bad. My point was that he has given up big plays in key moments of the game. Both Rodgers and Stafford have a ton of weapons on offense and the with the defense we have who wouldn't go for easier options than what seems to be our best defensive back. Let's not forget those teams also had the running game working in their favor which took away some pass plays.

#24 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

The positivve side of this is that Rivera 'should' have the biggest impact on D. I would be more concerned with him as HC if our offense was lagging.

On the scary side of things, Hurney is still selecting players & has been horrid the past few years (our roster was not elite, then got gutted & Hurney has not been drafting well & obviously he never got the memo that the NFL has a thing called free agency to help the team get better).

#25 AntiBuc

AntiBuc

It ain't what it was

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Just looking at how our defense has trended:

2008 - 20.6 pts/gm; 331.2 yards/gm
2009 - 19.2 pts/gm; 315.8 yards/gm
2010 - 25.5 pts/gm; 335.9 yards/gm
2011 - 28.6 pts/gm; 374.8 yards/gm

I know all teams suffer injuries, but we've been hit at the core this year - losing probowl quality players like Beason & TD. Coach RR can talk all he wants about the next guy stepping up, but Beason & TD were 1st round picks for a reason. Unless you've got a Patrick Willis waiting in the wings (crazy thought) you won't find the talent in backups to come close to the quality of our starters. And while we didn't get to see Ron Edwards, we're obviously missing what was supposed to be a pretty good player at DT.

With one caveat, I like Hurney's approach for the near term. Draft well next year and we'll have a couple star core players and some developmental players to add to those returning from injury to give this team a shot in the arm. My one disagreement with Hurney on his stated approach is free agency - I wish we would add at least one significant free agent to supplement each of the next two drafts. With Gross aging, TD's return questionable, so-so secondary, Otah's health, etc., we just have too many needs to fix this team in one draft.

#26 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

Man so many people pissed off. I'm happy. Carolina has scored 225 points this year. They scored 196 all of last season. They had 17 total touchdowns last year. They have 25 this year. They average 400 yards of offense per game compared to 258 last year. Thats a significant difference. The most intriguing stat, carolina had 95 punts last season, they have only 42 this year. Rivera is doing a hell of a job rebuilding this offense, I cant wait to next year to see how he rebuilds the defense.

Because they have given up 286 pts.

#27 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

I try not to get mad about things I have no control over, but hey, we are emotionally wrapped up in this team. I had low expectations for this year to begin with, so as peeved as I have been, I haven't gotten very angry. We have been in every game except the Titans game, so that is more than I expected.

#28 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

He may be having the best year of his career but looking back I myself am not impressed. As for shutting down Johnson I wouldn't call shutting him down with 5 receptions for 89 yards. Johnson's fantasy points last week may not hold much merit but that is a decent game. Yeah Fitz was held to 62 yards and Jennings had 55 so that wasn't to bad. My point was that he has given up big plays in key moments of the game. Both Rodgers and Stafford have a ton of weapons on offense and the with the defense we have who wouldn't go for easier options than what seems to be our best defensive back. Let's not forget those teams also had the running game working in their favor which took away some pass plays.

Looking back at the box score is deceiving. I'm pretty sure on the lone big play Jennings had, it was Pugh who gave it up, not Gamble. Same with Fitzgerald down the sideline against AZ. Johnson I'd have to go back and look, but I'm pretty sure he made him a non-factor. 5 touchdowns by Stafford, and none of them to Megatron means Gamble did his job, but no one else did theirs. But again, I'll have to go back and watch the DVR.

#29 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Why am I pissed?
Besides a 2-7 record (and for the haters, loosing close is still loosing), this..

From PFT

Lions running back Kevin Smith...have been named the NFC players of the week.

Smith was named the offensive player of the week after a sensational outing in his first extensive game action in more than a year. Smith, who had played with the Lions the last three years but didn’t receive any offers in free agency this year, returned to the team this month and had a huge game against the Panthers: Smith had 140 rushing yards and two touchdowns, and added 61 yards and another touchdown receiving. It’s pretty amazing that this guy was available for anyone to pick up at any time, and no one did until midway through the season.

So this guy comes off the couch and blows us up, despite the fact that this defense has had more than half a season to get their collective azzes together.

And there are still posters who say "S**t happens. It's nobody's fault"..
That BS is getting thinner and thinner every Sunday.

#30 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,439 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

Pretty sure the correct word is loosening

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.