Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Dwill back to form?

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

not just a different blocking scheme but an entirely new offense... and it's one where their carries are limited and don't come with any consistency, so they HAVE to make the most of what they get.

We've always seen that D-Will and Stew tend to have good games against different kinds of defenses. That's because they are both excellent backs but they have different strengths and weaknesses. DWill is crazy when he gets to the edge, but he is weak inside without a lead blocker; Stew hits holes hard and is much better at breaking initial tackles than DWill but doesn't have the same kind of elusiveness imo.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtgreensboro']I've seen Dwill miss multiple blitz pickups, why do you think Chud puts jstew in for passing situations? Also Stewart has less carries than dwill.[/QUOTE]

Because Stew is the better receiving RB in Chud's offense. Why? I don't know, but for receiving:

Stew has 33 rec for 329 yards
D-Will has 11 rec for 93 yards

It is not due to blitz pickup, it is his receiving ability.

Posted · Report post

I also forgot to add that every year DeAngelo starts out a bit slow and picks up steam towards the end, so that's also something to take into consideration.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mav1234']not just a different blocking scheme but an entirely new offense... and it's one where their carries are limited and don't come with any consistency, so they HAVE to make the most of what they get.

We've always seen that D-Will and Stew tend to have good games against different kinds of defenses. That's because they are both excellent backs but they have different strengths and weaknesses. DWill is crazy when he gets to the edge, but he is weak inside without a lead blocker; Stew hits holes hard and is much better at breaking initial tackles than DWill but doesn't have the same kind of elusiveness imo.[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.

Before anyone references the Profootball Focus 'elusiveness' stats (which Stew is ranked higher), that includes broken tackles. Anyone can see that D-Will is the more elusive back, as the normal definition of elusive goes. Stew is definitely more the power back of the 2.

We are lucky to have both!

Posted · Report post

So, does D'Will struggle with the pass? I can't remember cussin' his contributions at any point in recent history....Aside from the "he's injury prone" claims after he was obviously shelved late in the season, I really can't say he has been held back by injury.

Posted · Report post

Its amazing that we dont have many people that love both enuff to not consistently have these convos lol.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ed bell']So, does D'Will struggle with the pass? I can't remember cussin' his contributions at any point in recent history....Aside from the "he's injury prone" claims after he was obviously shelved late in the season, I really can't say he has been held back by injury.[/QUOTE]

No. He is a complete RB, he can run, block & catch.

Plus he & Stew are awesome teammates for each other & the rest of the team. The 'no drama' part of our RB tandem should not be overlooked, b/c it is important.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CLG']Its amazing that we dont have many people that love both enuff to not consistently have these convos lol.[/QUOTE]

I agree!

I do have to admit tho that I am 1 who will point out (post about) the strengths of the 'other' RB if someone claims that 1 is better than the other. They are both awesome.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DawgzLife']Because Stew is the better receiving RB in Chud's offense. Why? I don't know, but for receiving:

Stew has 33 rec for 329 yards
D-Will has 11 rec for 93 yards

It is not due to blitz pickup, it is his receiving ability.[/QUOTE]

How about the attempts for each? Stew has always been the third and long choice...Maybe the coaches are utilizing each for their strengths...I won't question it. Fug the contract numbers too...D'Will has the wheels....they need to use him by incorporating him into the philosophy instead of plugging him into it.

Posted · Report post

I've never looked at the tandem as a competition...Probably shortsighted, yet with the D'Will extension and Stew's impending resigning, maybe the prospect of them not being teammates at 30 & 26 years old should be seen as a probability...On the other hand, why not?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DawgzLife']I agree!

I do have to admit tho that I am 1 who will point out (post about) the strengths of the 'other' RB if someone claims that 1 is better than the other. They are both awesome.[/QUOTE]

thats understandable. But after reading quite a few of these threads many people blindly pull for either side when in reality they both are pretty evenly skilled at this point. U give Dwill more oppurtunities to catch the ball, i bet he performs as well as Stew. U give Stew more carries, i bet he gets closer to Dwill.

Posted · Report post

2012...not hurting at RB...no way