Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Is Dwill back to form?

On most plays, he was very decisive and probably ran as good as I can remember. His burst from the handoff was explosive. He must have been pumped last game, played with a chip on his shoulder. That is what we come to expect from D-Will.

thats understandable. But after reading quite a few of these threads many people blindly pull for either side when in reality they both are pretty evenly skilled at this point. U give Dwill more oppurtunities to catch the ball, i bet he performs as well as Stew. U give Stew more carries, i bet he gets closer to Dwill.

I think the majority of us actually see the backs as pretty damn even overall, just with different strengths and weaknesses. Frankly I think there are more "LOL DWILL SUCKS STEW ALL THE WAY" people than those who dislike Stew or whatever, but the majority of us recognize the value of each and the different styles they both play with IMO.

No. He is a complete RB, he can run, block & catch.

Plus he & Stew are awesome teammates for each other & the rest of the team. The 'no drama' part of our RB tandem should not be overlooked, b/c it is important.

DeAngelo has deficiencies in the pass blocking game, and has had them ever since he came into the league. Hell that's one of the reasons why we held on to Foster so long, and why Foster was getting so many reps when DWill appeared to be the superior runner.

This is not to say he's bad, far from it.

Okay. I'm out of this conversation, b/c this makes no sense.

D-Will has been the more consistent blocker of the 2 up until the end of last year when Stew became about equal to & now 'maybe' is a 'little' better the D-Will at blocking (at times). Stew horribly missed a block again last game & about got Cam killed. It may not have looked like he missed a block b/c he wasn't even close to his man. Where are you getting this from? :confused:

D-Will is also having abeen year running. Stew is having a better year receiving.

I've seen Dwill miss multiple blitz pickups, why do you think Chud puts jstew in for passing situations? Also Stewart has less carries than dwill.

I've seen Dwill miss multiple blitz pickups, why do you think Chud puts jstew in for passing situations? Also Stewart has less carries than dwill.

This post just shows how much people dont understand or just miss any given Sunday.

I think the majority of us actually see the backs as pretty damn even overall, just with different strengths and weaknesses. Frankly I think there are more "LOL DWILL SUCKS STEW ALL THE WAY" people than those who dislike Stew or whatever, but the majority of us recognize the value of each and the different styles they both play with IMO.

yeah you're rite, i've heard plenty of the..what we'll call "LOL DWILL SUCKS STEW ALL THE WAY" ppl.. its jus irritatin as poo..

They finally called the right plays for him. He can hit holes up the middle, but he's at his best when he gets outside. They need to save the inside running game for Stew.

I agree that Dwill "can hit holes up the middle", but he was better at it when he was breaking tackles and this is why he is no longer "in form". He's become a better outside threat largely because he no longer breaks tackles like he used to do. His most successful season was when he rarely got tackled from the first hit. He will return to "form" when he gets this ability back. I think the shortened season hurt Dwill's ability to get in "form" and break tackles like he used to do. I don't believe it has anything to do with his contract.

I have to say that Deangelo is the better back overall. But as of this year i am starting to wonder if stewart is becoming better than dwill. I'm just glad we have them both but Rivera should really consider starting stewart next year.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TheCableGuy