• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

did anybody watch? I really can't stand the format, and you can't get much from them, but they can be a little interesting. I thought Plumlee looked like he may be a good addition at dook. Henson was a beast. The other ACC commits will be nice additions to their respective teams.

#2 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

Henry was a man among boys, Cousins impressed me more than Favors did, and Henson and Pumlee showed they have the talent to be solid in the ACC. I am wondering if Williams made a good choice with going harder after Strickland over Henry.

#3 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

IMO Plumlee and Henson are going to be special players. Plumlee will probably stay in school longer, given Henson seems to be headed for a one and done. Ryan Kelly is ok, although its hard to take much away from watching a game like that. Kelly is going to fit into a Duke system eventually, but as for next year I dont see him contributing much. The Wear twins are a interesting subject. I honestly felt they looked like they had no business being out there. Again, just an All-Star game, so take everything with a grain of salt.

As for non Duke/Carolina players, I thought "Tiny" Gallon going to Oklahoma was a beast. Obviously impressed with Favors and Cousins and I would personally take Xavier Henry over Lance Stepheson, Lance has all the makings of a terrible attitude. I know he is a great talent, but there have been numerous reports already about his attitude. Also thought Florida State might have got a good one in Michael Snear.

#4 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

I can't stand these games either because you really can't judge much from them. I've seen clips of Henson playing before and he is the real deal. He really needs to put on some weight though. Plumlee did look good for dook. The Wears didn't do a lot but they weren't given any opportunities really either. I thought they made some nice passes and look to have good court vision. Strickland will never shine in these kinds of games because he is so unselfish and tends to defer to others. He needs to get more aggressive when he hits college and I'm sure Roy will work with him on that. I've seen clips of Strickland as well as another all star type game that he played in and I can tell you the talent is there.

Stephenson is a selfish prick. I'm really glad Roy didn't go harder after him and I can see why he didn't. He's going to be a problem on any college team IMO. He didn't really impress me either. Sure he is athletic but he's waaaaaayyyyy too selfish of a player and thinks his talent is more than it really is.

#5 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

I like the way Henson plays, but that kid really needs to hit the weight pile. Then again, I guess he has about the same build as Ed Davis and Brandon Wright did when they were still in high school, so it's not a big deal.

#6 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

It's impossible to take anything from these games. So many great players have done nothing in this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.