#1 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

I am not going to project any trades like many are. I like to keep my mock's as realistic as possible. If someone can tell me how to embed video, that would be helpful.

1st Round: Morris Claiborne, LSU - CB 6' 185lbs
TOP PRO COMPARISON: Charles Woodson

2nd Round: Jerel Worthy, MSU - DT 6'3" 310lbs
TOP PRO COMPARISON: Tommie Harris

http://nflmocks.com/...t-jerel-worthy/

4th Round: Travis Lewis, Oklahoma - OLB 6'2" 232lbs
TOP PRO COMPARISON: Lance Briggs

http://walterfootbal...t2011tlewis.php

Lewis had a 2nd round grade coming into the season, but with a toe injury, his stock will fall and could be a steal for a team in the 4th round. He has led the Oklahoma Sooners in tackles 4 straight years (never been done before), which is quite impressive for a school of OU's standing.

5th Round: Emmanuel Acho, Texas - MLB 6'2" 245lbs

http://www.profootba...manuel-acho-18/

We are in serious trouble at LB. Dan Connor will most likely not re-sign with us, because he can probably find a starting job elsewhere. We will need a couple LBs in this draft for depth and special team's purposes.

6th Round: Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma - WR 5'10" 188lbs
PRO COMPARISON: Eddie Royal

http://www.nepatriot...ing-report.html

This guy is the NCAA leader in reception yards and reception TDs. Has great return skills in both punt and kickoff returns. He falls this far because he just tore his ACL, and probably will not be able to contribute until mid-season next year. He reminds me of Steve Smith a lot.

6th Round (comp): Eddie Whitley, Virginia Tech - FS 6' 200lbs
Special Teams Depth

7th Round: Drew Butler, Georgia - P 6'2" 214lbs
Baker is the worst ranked punter in the league. It's time to replace him.

Edited by Lout, 23 November 2011 - 03:26 PM.

#2 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,731 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

I would be ecstatic with those first 3 picks. That would be a pretty solid draft.

It's [yt**]pqhwZjCxjyY[/yt***] with out the asterisks. The letters are the video that your embedding from youtube.

#3 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

I would be ecstatic with those first 3 picks. That would be a pretty solid draft.

It's [yt**]pqhwZjCxjyY[/yt***] with out the asterisks. The letters are the video that your embedding from youtube.

Thanks! Rep.

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

don't necessarily disagree with the picks at all, but think one of the two CB's will be available around the 10 pick, if not both Claiborne and Kirpatrick.

If we could get like a Cleveland who currently has the 10/19 picks to trade up to three, we would be soooo golden. I know, you did not mess with trades, but with no third rounder and so many holes, I hope Hurney is thinking this way.

#5 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

don't necessarily disagree with the picks at all, but think one of the two CB's will be available around the 10 pick, if not both Claiborne and Kirpatrick.

If we could get like a Cleveland who currently has the 10/19 picks to trade up to three, we would be soooo golden. I know, you did not mess with trades, but with no third rounder and so many holes, I hope Hurney is thinking this way.

That's what I hope to happen as well. I think the Washington Redskins covet Matt Barkley and will trade up with someone.. hopefully that will net us Claiborne and an extra 2nd round pick and maybe an extra 1st next year if we are lucky.

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

That's what I hope to happen as well. I think the Washington Redskins covet Matt Barkley and will trade up with someone.. hopefully that will net us Claiborne and an extra 2nd round pick and maybe an extra 1st next year if we are lucky.

True

It would almost be good if one of the three top QB's do not come out.
Would make our pick at 2/4 all the more enticing.

Washington would be a great one as they need the QB.

Cleveland might also be finished with the Colt McCoy experiment, up to Holgrem

Wild card is Hurney who is good at giving away picks, but not so astute at gathering them

#7 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

True

It would almost be good if one of the three top QB's do not come out.
Would make our pick at 2/4 all the more enticing.

Washington would be a great one as they need the QB.

Cleveland might also be finished with the Colt McCoy experiment, up to Holgrem

Wild card is Hurney who is good at giving away picks, but not so astute at gathering them

Seattle would def be in the running for Barkley too.. and you have to think Miami.. but the way they are playing, they might be out of the Top10 picks.

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

If we lose this Sunday, we might in fact end up with the number one again. A terrible scenario, especially if there are two or three guys to pick from. Barkley might even win the Heismann

If we win Sunday, we will be picking about 7th, after week 11. All the guys between 2-6 will be playing each other several times which will most likely move us back up to around the 3-4 slot by year end. Or at least that is the way I see it playing out.

#9 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

The #1 pick would be a blessing and a curse. We would get a crap load of picks for Andrew Luck.. lol

#10 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

I was excited about the possibility of solidifying a high powered Offense with Blackmon. But, picking the #1 corner, with a DT/OLB in the 2nd, along with Beason, Gettis, Edwards, and a couple FA Defensive Signings...the full spectrum of the team could be crazy good.

I'm really torn on that 1st pick...guess its all based on position.

#11 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

I was excited about the possibility of solidifying a high powered Offense with Blackmon. But, picking the #1 corner, with a DT/OLB in the 2nd, along with Beason, Gettis, Edwards, and a couple FA Defensive Signings...the full spectrum of the team could be crazy good.

I'm really torn on that 1st pick...guess its all based on position.

Being an Oklahoma Sooners fan, and getting to watch Blackmon.. I must say that Dez Bryant was better by far. Not to knock Blackmon, because I think he will be a good WR, but I think he is too hyped.

#12 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

Way to ruin my excitement.

#13 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

Way to ruin my excitement.

Ruining excitement or saving from disappointment. Haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com