• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Might as well jump in and make a rough draft. Keep in mind I do not believe we'll be picking at #2 when it's all said and done. But we might very well still be top 5.

1st: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

Claiborne is looking like a future shutdown corner. Pairing him up with Gamble can give us a top CB tandem to team up against the NFC South and the rest of the passing league. They can also help the DL pick up some coverage sacks.

2nd: LaVonte David, OLB, Nebraska

A bit undersized but is very instinctive. David is an all around LB that is capable of starting in the NFL. With Thomas Davis returning next year, David will be a great LB waiting in the wings.

4th: Matt Reynolds, OT/OG, BYU

Otah is always injured and no one knows how Schwartz will return from injury. Reynolds is great depth to play inside and at the ends of the line. He is a solid pass and run blocker.

5th: Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas

I'm picking Acho here for depth purposes. Connor might be looking for a starting gig and Acho can backup Beason at MLB. Plays strong despite his smaller frame. Acho can play faster because of his instincts. Reliable open field tackler to help on special teams.

6th: Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

Tore his ACL so his stock will take a tumble and probably won't contribute much in 2012. But, Broyles is a dynamic receiver with the chance of being elite in the slot. He is also a very good punt returner.

7th: Drew Butler, Punter, Georgia

Butler has a solid leg and a knack to down the ball inside the 20. Can let us cut ties with Baker and maybe save some cap space.

I didn't select a DT because i rather that position be filled with a seasoned vet. Thoughts?

Edited by KDawg004, 26 November 2011 - 12:18 AM.

#2 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

This mock looks eerily familiar to this one: http://www.carolinah...mock-1-0-a.html

#3 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

Never noticed lol. What makes it even more eerie is that I actually considered Worthy and Whitley in the same rounds as you.

Now I feel like I have to make a new one to switch it up.

Edited by KDawg004, 26 November 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#4 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

I considered Lavonte David in the 2nd too..

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,001 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

Broyles will be gone LONG before the 6th. He still might not make it out of the first.

#6 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

Broyles will be gone LONG before the 6th. He still might not make it out of the first.

I'm not sure about that, I doubt he goes in the first round when you have Jefferies, Blackmon, Floyd, Jones, Sanu, Fuller and Toon with 1st - 2nd round grades and are healthy. I expect him to be taken in the third though, possibly the second round similar to how the Bucs took a chance on Bowers.

#7 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

+

Broyles was a high 2nd round pick before the injury. He will (at most) be a 3rd round pick. he will not be able to contribute his rookie season basically.. he is in a similar situation as Hogan.. but someone will take a flyer on him in the 4th probably.

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,001 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Saw a mock today that had him going late in the first. With the success of Smith and D Jackson in Philly I bet he goes pretty high despite the injury.

#9 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

Saw a mock today that had him going late in the first. With the success of Smith and D Jackson in Philly I bet he goes pretty high despite the injury.

I saw that mock too, but it had not been updated in a couple months. Not sure if its the same mock.

#10 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

I think someone will take a chance on him in the 4th. Another option would be Travis Benjamin. Also seeing a lot of sites having Criner in the 6th. I would take a shot at him if he fell that far.

#11 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

Criner in the sixth would be robbery...dude is going to be a VERY good receiver in the NFL...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com