29 replies to this topic

#1 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

I've been checking out a lot of mock drafts, which is what I like to do when we have a slim to no chance of making the playoffs. Anyway, with the transition of the league turning to passing, a lot of drafts have 3 QB's in the top 5, and 4 in the top 10...

In saying that, we are destined to get a top prospect and most likely a #1 at a position of need while other teams look for QB's.

You have Luck, Barkley, RGIII, and L. Jones in the top 10 possibly.

At top 5 with 3 QB's going, we would have our choice of either a top CB, OL, or WR...whatever the coaches think is warranted.

Even at #6-10, we are in a great position to maybe get a #1 CB/DT/LB, or #2 OL/WR

Should be fun to watch this play out.

The Sexy Pick: WR - Justin Blackmon

Posted Image

The Brother from the Same Mother : OL - Matt Kalil

Posted Image

The Ballhawk: CB - Morris Claiborne

Posted Image

The Needed Run-Stopper: DT - Devon Still (Edited from B. Thompson)

Posted Image

Boobs:

Posted Image

Edited by KBRed, 28 November 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,344 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

Gotta go with boobs... they're always the bpa.

I was thinking about the draft today watching that #7 for LSU return that punt. Be nice to get a good returner in the 3rd or 4th round...

#3 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

It's a lock we'll get one of those 4. Rivera needs to think D though, so I'm thinking he'll go with Claiborne.

#4 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,150 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Claiborne or Kalil. WR is not a big enough need and we just drafted 2 DT's who the staff like so I doubt we go back there early. Either Kalil or Claiborne and I'm a happy panda. Agreed we also need to draft a return guy because I'm not seeing Pilares or Armanti being the long-term option.

#5 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:19 AM

I remember people saying QB wasn't a big enough need.

#6 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

I don't think it's a 'lock' that we draft one of these guys.. a lot of things can change between now and then.. also, you just never know who Rivera will fall in love with.
Some other guys that could be options are:

Quinton Coples
Zach Brown
Reilly Rieff (who grades out better than Kalil by many scouts)
Dre Kirkpatrick
Devon Still

#7 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

I'm not overly in love with any of those players, tbh.
Thompson at this point is a mid second round pick. Blackmon is a nice prospect, but there is a whole crop of FA WR's this year and I'd rather we addressed that need that way. Kalil isn't even a lock to come out from the way it sounded on college gameday this morning. Besides, if we were in love with the idea of drafting an OT in the first, I'd rather move back and grab Reiff and our 3rd back. As for Claiborne, I hate the idea of drafting him.

CB is too deep in this years draft to spend a first round pick on one. There are guys who will go in this years draft in the third round who could make a case for first round selections on other years.

Edited by Cat'sGrowl, 26 November 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,751 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Right now we're picking in the top 5.

I'm torn really, in no particular order: Kalil, Kirkpatrick, Clayborne, Brown, Blackmon.

#9 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,514 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

The team could take an OLB, but that's also a deep class this year. I know some people don't understand and don't view it as a need, but for where the Panthers are picking. The value and BPA would be Coples.

He's a big guy at 6-6, 285; has the frame to add 15-20 pounds, is strong at the POA and is really good against the run and pass. He's an upgrade over Hardy long term and gives the team a nice tandum of DE's and allows the team the ability to put Johnson, Hardy and Coples on the field on Passing downs. On top of all that he can play any spot along the dline because of his strength and ability to attack the POA.

Or trade back, which isn't always possible.

Edited by carpanfan96, 26 November 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#10 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

The amount of time between now and the draft makes it very hard to project even the top 3. Last year at this point it was Luck, Fairley, & Prince being named around that top 5.

#11 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Clemson DLinemen = busts

#12 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

it has to be JBlack. best prospect since Megatron

#13 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

Clemson DLinemen = busts

I tend to believe this too. I'd like to stay away from Clemson DLinemen.

#14 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

Pencil me in for Claiborne. The dude is filthy. Only way I take Coples is if he puts on some weight and we know for sure he can take on the grind at DT full-time. He's a good run defender but not much of a pass rusher at DE. He can be exactly who we need at DT if he shows he has the ability to play it every down.

#15 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

Pencil me in for Claiborne. The dude is filthy. Only way I take Coples is if he puts on some weight and we know for sure he can take on the grind at DT full-time. He's a good run defender but not much of a pass rusher at DE. He can be exactly who we need at DT if he shows he has the ability to play it every down.

Coples could add weight to his frame and i think he could handle playing DT. he is a decent pass rusher and is starting to heat up i think he has a sack in the last 3 games or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com