Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Top Tier Player is inevitable...

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Why do you guys want a DE? If anything we should be looking at OT,CB,DT,OLB,WR,FS. Those are the needs of this team.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bj-Monster23']Why do you guys want a DE? If anything we should be looking at OT,CB,DT,OLB,WR,FS. Those are the needs of this team.[/QUOTE]

I don't think DE is one of our top needs, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if we got Coples. Ideally, I want Claiborne and I won't really be satisfied with ANYONE on offense. I truly believe that this defense has not been keeping us in games.. and our offense would look amazing with a better defense.

With no top DT prospects, I am thinking CB is our target.. it could be Zach Brown but I hope we don't take a LB that early because I feel they can be had in later rounds.

Posted · Report post

If we take Coples, I want him to put on some weight to play DT. I wouldn't doubt that he will do a better job than McClain and Fua. Having Edwards next to him plus CJ will prob keep some blockers off of him. He can do exactly what we need which is push the pocket.

With that said, it's too big of a risk to take in the top 5. Rather go with Claiborne.

Posted · Report post

The way i look at it is this. If we can't pick Matt Kalil we should just trade down and pick up a DT like Devon Still. I wouldn't mind the front office taking a LB or WR but I just don't see it happening in the first round, unless they have a lot of interest in Vontaze Burfict or Zach Brown. As for CB there are some really good CB's in this draft. I like Morris Claiborne and Dre Kirkpatrick. I also feel there is more talent in the second and third round for CB.

Posted · Report post

trade down a few picks or to mid first round and accumulate more picks then draft Vontaze Burfict. Might could get cliff Harris or Janoris Jenkins in the second. And we would have more picks. That would help our team a lot more then drafting at number 5 or whatever. But if we do pick there, the only guy that makes sense to me at that spot is Blackmon if he is not gone. But it is early. Let's see what happens.

Posted · Report post

If there's one thing that I learned from last year's draft, it's that we're more than likely going to get an opportunity to draft a very strong player early in the draft. Justin Blackmon, Alshon Jeffery, Matt Kalil, Reilly Rieff, Morris Claiborne, Dre Kirkpatrick, Zach Brown, Janoris Jenkins... There's a good chance that one of those players will be on the team next year.

And just like last year's divide between Cam Newton, Marcell Dareus, AJ Green, Von Miller, and Patrick Peterson, I think I'll be able to live with whoever the pick is :D