Photo
- - - - -

Tyrann Mathieu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

I agree, now, that Munny is better suited for the nickel spot. So much of this will come down to Butler and Hogan. I'd be happy with Fitz or Claiborne, but it may not be as big of a need come April. I still think OLB is our biggest single need on D.

#12 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Mathieu skills are perfect for safety with his ball hawk skills. That way he'd wouldn't have to worry about man coverage.

But a huge limitation is his size.

#13 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

I agree, now, that Munny is better suited for the nickel spot. So much of this will come down to Butler and Hogan. I'd be happy with Fitz or Claiborne, but it may not be as big of a need come April. I still think OLB is our biggest single need on D.

I agree about OLB, but also, it's easier to find good talent at the OLB position in later rounds, than it is good CBs. I'd love Zach Brown.. but not at the draft spot it would take to get him. If he just happens to be there in the 2nd round, I would cream myself.

#14 soysauce2580

soysauce2580

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. It seems like a lot of you guys think that he may be better suited for safety with his ball hawking skills, but since he's a sophmore, I guess there is no reason to talk about him. Yea, I'm kinda wanting a CB in this years draft because good ol' Capt. Munnerlyn is getting killed as our second CB this year. Hopefully Hogan pans out for the better.

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

I agree 3rd or so would be too high for Brown, but Blackmon sure would be nice.

#16 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

I agree 3rd or so would be too high for Brown, but Blackmon sure would be nice.

I like Blackmon, but being an OU fan and getting to watch OSU a lot.. I have to say that Dez Bryant was the better WR prospect.. just with character concerns.

#17 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

I think Mathieu will has NFL coverage potential. I think another year at LSU will help him become a complete overall player. If he becomes more reliable in coverage while producing like he has...could be scary.