• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

VONTAZE BURFICT, ILB, ARIZONA ST. (#7)

This guy is a play maker. A beast in a weak draft. Carolina switches to a 3-4 next year, they will need this guy. Its quite possible to trade down, pick this guy up and still snag a decent DT or even aquire one in free agency or trade, which would probably be better, no learning curve.

Edited by chknwing, 26 November 2011 - 09:58 PM.

#2 tukafan21

tukafan21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

no no no no no no no no no no

Now I am a little biased being a University of Arizona alum, but I DO NOT want this guy on the Panthers. He's a thug, as simple as that, if you think what Suh is doing right now is bad, wait until you see this guy in the NFL, he'll be worse. Yes he's a great player, but he costs his team in so many ways it's just not worth it, he led the nation in personal fouls in both his first two years in college.

I thought drafting Jimmy was bad, I grew up a die hard Michigan fan, but if we draft this thug, it will be even worse in my opinion. Thankfully we'll have a top 5-7 pick at the worst, and this guy will probably be slotted somewhere in the 10-15 range, so it shouldn't be a problem.

#3 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

u seen our defense? Carolina needs a thug. They need someone to smack the other team in the mouth.

#4 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

3-4?

#5 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

No way. He didn't even play this week b/c his team suspended him (probably for his last college game). The guy is bad news. Bad attitude, penalties, etc. Buyer beware!

#6 tukafan21

tukafan21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

u seen our defense? Carolina needs a thug. They need someone to smack the other team in the mouth.

have you seen his non-highlight videos?

Yes, his highlights make him look like the next Ray Lewis, and he very well could be based on his talent alone. But I've never seen a bigger thug in the college game in my life.

For the past few years the only reason I've been afraid of playing ASU is because I was 100% honestly scared that he was going to take out our QB with a late cheap shot. This dude racks up 15 yard penalties like you wouldn't imagine, and they're not ones that he just went a little too far after the whistle, but head butting players well after the play is over and trying to hurt players in dirty ways.

#7 tukafan21

tukafan21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

He has the talent to be a 10x all-pro and future HOF member, but he'll be out of the league in 5 years or less because nobody will be willing to deal with his bullshit.

#8 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

nah, I'm good

#9 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

He has Ravens written all over him imo.

#10 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,070 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

stopped reading at ILB

#11 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,070 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

you're right

what our defense needs is more flags

#12 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

sorry, I dont want nice guys on defense, I want mean, angry, high motor players. So the guy gets carried away, I dont think it something that cant be fixed, and for the talent he has, it would be a waste to not try. Jon Beason can get this guy in control.

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

sorry, I dont want nice guys on defense, I want mean, angry, high motor players. So the guy gets carried away, I dont think it something that cant be fixed, and for the talent he has, it would be a waste to not try. Jon Beason can get this guy in control.

So it would be a waste to not draft a guy in the top 10-15 that is such a loose cannon, that he refused to come off the field when his coach ordered him off after picking up a personal foul??

#14 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

dude, hes in college, hes young, people do mature. The guys going to be an elite player in the NFL.

#15 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

dude, hes in college, hes young, people do mature. The guys going to be an elite player in the NFL.

He has the tools to be as good as he wants to be but his head isn't on right. He is a loose cannon. He's always been one and he likely always will be. He also tried to end Matt Barkley's career in HS when they were both committed to USC. That's not a just playing hard move, that's an I don't give a poo about the consequences move....

Edited by C42[)14C C47, 26 November 2011 - 10:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com