• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Mojoman

Mojoman

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Extend him an invitation to learn how to tackle.

#32 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Again if you had ever played football you would have know that he was trying to slow him down before making a move so his teammates can catch up and make a tackle if he'd missed. Reggie again (being a pretty good player) made a cut back as Martin was trying to angle him to the sideline. Martin missed and the rest is a good play from a a really good player.

Where is all the critic of Butler trying to get the ball instead of getting the man. He had the best shot at getting Reggie down.

Sorry you know so much about Football 101, you'll have to teach me someday.

The reason no one gets on Butler is because he is not a starter. He in all likelihood will get replaced/see less playing time next year. Martin is a starter and he is what we have to deal with. To me, he isn't starter material. That missed tackle on Wayne wasn't his only missed tackle of the game. Also, the bad angle on Brown was not good. He recognized the run but thought he'd beat him to a spot when Brown had a full head of steam. It's just little things like that that I have picked up on.

#33 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,603 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

Plus since you're keeping track. How many TD saving tackles have the safeties had to make this year from bad coverage from the CB's (not name gamble) or RB busting thru a gaping hole with out being touch for 15 yards?

You know all their bad plays right? You should know the good ones as well.

you mean like how martin also missed a tackle on brown for a td as well.get real dude I give props when needed not after a piss poor effort on a tackle not once but twice this game.at least he didn't take a bad angle twice on the same play this week.smdh no sugar coating in space martin is suspect and teams will attack him.

#34 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

Sorry you know so much about Football 101, you'll have to teach me someday.

The reason no one gets on Butler is because he is not a starter. He in all likelihood will get replaced/see less playing time next year. Martin is a starter and he is what we have to deal with. To me, he isn't starter material. That missed tackle on Wayne wasn't his only missed tackle of the game. Also, the bad angle on Brown was not good. He recognized the run but thought he'd beat him to a spot when Brown had a full head of steam. It's just little things like that that I have picked up on.

I bet he is the starter next year for sure. And with a better front 7 he will be better.

#35 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

you mean like how martin also missed a tackle on brown for a td as well.get real dude I give props when needed not after a piss poor effort on a tackle not once but twice this game.at least he didn't take a bad angle twice on the same play this week.smdh no sugar coating in space martin is suspect and teams will attack him.

Yeah again on a RB outweighting him by like 20LB going full speed untouched for 15 yards. Bad play by Martin If only you were out there.

#36 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:41 PM

We have a lot more to worry about then replacing Martin.

#37 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

MVP of the league

#38 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,603 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

Yeah again on a RB outweighting him by like 20LB going full speed untouched for 15 yards. Bad play by Martin If only you were out there.

this explains that you dont have a clue.

#39 dpm0409

dpm0409

Mojo So Dope

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Dude, Martin did have a rough @ss day, there is no denying that, but who the hell doesn't from time to time? Quite honestly he is the least of our worries...there are def. more important needs that need addressing.

#40 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

this explains that you dont have a clue.

Wow that was the same feeling I had about you.

#41 maddog

maddog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Again if you had ever played football you would have know that he was trying to slow him down before making a move so his teammates can catch up and make a tackle if he'd missed. Reggie again (being a pretty good player) made a cut back as Martin was trying to angle him to the sideline. Martin missed and the rest is a good play from a a really good player.

Where is all the critic of Butler trying to get the ball instead of getting the man. He had the best shot at getting Reggie down.

I guess it's where you played football bra! I played corner and in the open field we were taught to put the dang helmet in the numbers and wrap the fug up. I never was taught to allow a reciever to chew up yards so I could just figure out a way to get somebody else in there to tackle. That was lazy pathetic play on Martin's part and I would have got benched for that crap. No excuses he is in the NFL that is what he is paid to do! As for the Butler remark go back and watch the replay. How is the crap can somebody make a play when their own teammate tackles them?

#42 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

It's difficult to believe ANYONE would want to extend Sharrod Martin. His tackling skills have been horrible all year long. This guy makes Dieon Sanders look like Ray Lewis when it comes to tackling! The missed tackle on Wayne was only one of many missed tackles. Do you know who missed the easy tackle against Jax at halftime? Yep - it was Martin. That play was a Hail Mary prayer that EVERYONE knew was coming because the clock was expiring and Martin whiffed (again) even though the catch was made in front of him. Even the announcer called for the Hail Mary pass before the huddle broke. Missing tackles has been a consistent failure with Martin and yet, some want to extend him because of ONE GOOD PLAY? P-U-L-E-E-Z-E!

#43 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

I guess it's where you played football bra! I played corner and in the open field we were taught to put the dang helmet in the numbers and wrap the fug up. I never was taught to allow a reciever to chew up yards so I could just figure out a way to get somebody else in there to tackle. That was lazy pathetic play on Martin's part and I would have got benched for that crap. No excuses he is in the NFL that is what he is paid to do! As for the Butler remark go back and watch the replay. How is the crap can somebody make a play when their own teammate tackles them?

Well bra unless you're playing a fuging mummy or in a wind tunnel. How in the hell do you put your "helmet in the numbers" of a pro bowl wr from the side of him???? Is he going to turn around and give you a shot at his numbers?

#44 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

It's difficult to believe ANYONE would want to extend Sharrod Martin. His tackling skills have been horrible all year long. This guy makes Dieon Sanders look like Ray Lewis when it comes to tackling! The missed tackle on Wayne was only one of many missed tackles. Do you know who missed the easy tackle against Jax at halftime? Yep - it was Martin. That play was a Hail Mary prayer that EVERYONE knew was coming because the clock was expiring and Martin whiffed (again) even though the catch was made in front of him. Even the announcer called for the Hail Mary pass before the huddle broke. Missing tackles has been a consistent failure with Martin and yet, some want to extend him because of ONE GOOD PLAY? P-U-L-E-E-Z-E!

To bad you will have to deal with him being our starter for years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com