31 replies to this topic

#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

As of today, that is where the Panthers are picking.

Not many wins for the teams in front of us. (Jacksonville might pick up one more), so it looks like the 5 slot is where we should be looking.

Kalil might make sense here as would Blackmon and Claibourne.

Of the three, I would say the CB gets the nod.

#2 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

With our horrid defense, the Panthers will not get another win this season. At worst we are picking 3rd next year. Kalil should be the pick there.

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

i do not see St Louis getting another win, nor do I see Minnesota getting another win and unless jacksonville beats Indy on the last game of the season, we will be picking 5th

unless we win.....

#4 dc6738549

dc6738549

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Indy - Luck
STL - Kalil
Minnesota - Claiborne
Jacksonville - Blackmon

Is my guess if those are the 4 teams ahead of us and no trades are made. Should have a great spot to trade down for a team wanting a QB. I think Barkley will stay at USC and the new Jax coach may want to dump Gabbert and bring in his own QB.

#5 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,277 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

Go Dline. You build a defense up front first. Its your foundation. If you dont go defense you get Blackmon.

#6 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

With our horrid defense, the Panthers will not get another win this season. At worst we are picking 3rd next year. Kalil should be the pick there.

We arent picking Kalil. Hurney put Otah on IR for a reason.

#7 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,483 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

unless they really fall in love with some DT, going Dline at #5 would be a mistake. we have solid ends and already have two young, largely unknown tackles (and tbh I've liked Mcclain so far all things considered). We need OLB and CB on defense, but it's possible that we may want to pick up an upgrade on the O-Line with Martin or a different prospect.

anyway, I doubt we'll be picking at 5 tbh, but if we are, and if the draft goes as predicted above, we may also get a nice option to trade down for a QB hungry team.

We arent picking Kalil. Hurney put Otah on IR for a reason.

and here I thought he put Otah on IR because Otah is hurt every year...

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

Go Dline. You build a defense up front first. Its your foundation. If you dont go defense you get Blackmon.

May be pick 15 before a DT goes off the board. Would be major reach at 5.

Redskins or Seahawks moving up to 5 from the early teens might be good scenario for trade.

#9 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

"Best Value" at the 5 slot will more than likely be Blackmon. If he is there then we are stupid not drafting him. He is a playmaker and we need playmakers. Even tho, he doesn't fill a huge need it is none the less a need. If blackmon goes off the board at 3 or 4, then I would venture to say Claiborne or Martin would be the best value while filling a need.

#10 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

With the way the mocks and team needs are looking we could get one of the top Lb or DTs in the second round.

#11 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • 2,036 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

If we're picking 3rd, say, behind the Rams, Kalil won't be there

#12 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,362 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

I think you first look to trade down unless there is a prospect that is an absolute talent

but we have to be thinking defense with every pick

#13 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:54 AM

I can still see Claibourne here for some reason. I'm just picturing everything if Barkley AND Kalil stay in school. That will really change things up.

#14 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

unless they really fall in love with some DT, going Dline at #5 would be a mistake. we have solid ends and already have two young, largely unknown tackles (and tbh I've liked Mcclain so far all things considered). We need OLB and CB on defense, but it's possible that we may want to pick up an upgrade on the O-Line with Martin or a different prospect.

anyway, I doubt we'll be picking at 5 tbh, but if we are, and if the draft goes as predicted above, we may also get a nice option to trade down for a QB hungry team.

and here I thought he put Otah on IR because Otah is hurt every year...

Otah could have played more this year... I'm pretty sure Hurney was giving him yet another chance to get healthy again with intentions to have him back next year. Again, not risking losing him for good. Shows the value Otah has to hurney. He ain't gunna be replaced yet folks. He may be injury prone but he does have talent. IMO, the FO will want to fill a need somewhere else.

#15 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:28 AM

Kalil will be gone before 5. Blackmon likely as well. Claiborne would be the BPA in that scenario, IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.