#91 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Pilares has shown that either we do have ST guys that can do as they are asked, or he makes his own holes. I know PR blocking is different, but it's the same guys out there working. It's been how long since we had a KR TD? That may scream we have inept ST coaching, but at the same time makes Armanti come off poorly now that Pilares has had two solid returns in two weeks. You must also ask yourself if the guy that was blocked in the back would've affected Armanti's return making this thread pointless.

The guy who was blocked in the back was past the play when it happened. It wouldn't have affected the return at all, that's why it was an even more stupid penalty.

#92 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,564 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

It sure does, god knows Capt had to beat out all kinds of talented corners to start for our team. Poor Armanti can't beat our any of our scrub WR's, he must suck.

I will even give AE the benefit of of the doubt by saying our Wrs are not all that bad but they have not even used him in the Wild Cat or a Reverse. Seems like he cant learn or is just not that good to get on the field. The only person that seems to be keeping him on the team is Hurney.

#93 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,777 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

I guess we shoulda given Everette Brown another year too

#94 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

I will even give AE the benefit of of the doubt by saying our Wrs are not all that bad but they have not even used him in the Wild Cat or a Reverse. Seems like he cant learn or is just not that good to get on the field. The only person that seems to be keeping him on the team is Hurney.

I think your position on AE is pretty clear but one more post ain't going to hurt anything, right?

You and the ECU guy need to form a club.

#95 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,564 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

I think your position on AE is pretty clear but one more post ain't going to hurt anything, right?

You and the ECU guy need to form a club.

Is there really another position to take on AE? Its either stick with the facts or just make things up. I choose not to do the latter. I like AE and think he is working his butt off but its just the fact that he is not producing. When our team is losing by 3 points one KR or PR could be the difference and I would like the best guy back there.

#96 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

edwards needs to be sent packing

#97 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,561 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Don't worry, he'll finally produce they way he's supposed to by 2013. Just have faith.

#98 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,564 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Im sorry but the NFL is a tough league. If your not producing in your second year odds are you will never produce. Its unfortunate that players dont have a NFL Europe or something to that standard where they could go and learn.

#99 wardvette

wardvette

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

You guys must be blind if you can't see the three guys on top of AE every time he fields a punt. LOL at the people that think Captain would be a huge upgrade.

Averages:
Captain: 9 yds per return and a fumble per 15 returns (and returned punts in college).
AE: 6 yds per return and 0 fumbles. It would be much closer if his return yesterday hadn't been called back. If he gets decent blocking next year I can see him doing much better than Captain.

Watch PP's punt return for TD Sunday and AE's 45 yard return and tell me which was more impressive. PP had a huge lane that anyone could run through.

#100 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

All of you preaching that AE needs to be cut are so full of it. If yesterday showed us anything it's that Armanti has had no room to run all season. If he gets a little bit of space he's automatically good for making a few guys miss. Blame the special teams, not Armanti. He is going to be a good returner, he's got the moves and nobody can deny that.

Pilares was garbage until 2 weeks ago give me a break.

#101 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

Is there really another position to take on AE? Its either stick with the facts or just make things up. I choose not to do the latter. I like AE and think he is working his butt off but its just the fact that he is not producing. When our team is losing by 3 points one KR or PR could be the difference and I would like the best guy back there.

The only time the best guy gets put out there is during play-offs or a game at the end of the year that's make or break.

There are no more then 4 teams who actually use there "star" talent (couple you really wouldn't consider a star other then PR aka Hester & Cribbs).

-Cribbs
-Hester
-Jackson
-Peterson

You guys talk like you don't watch football, like do you only watch the panthers and it's been so long since you've seen a punt return TD?
Well here let me just go ahead and give you guys a heads up...

THERE IS HARDLY EVER MORE THEN 4-5 PEOPLE WHO RETURN MORE THEN 1 PUNT A YEAR, AND A COUPLE OF THEM ARE CONSIDERED ALL-TIME GREATEST.

anyway, first year returning punts for armanti kids doing great can't wait to watch him next year.

#102 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

Carolina Fan is on point..

anyone expecting a TD return every time we are down 3 points is f**king kidding themselves.. :lol:

to even raise that point is funny as hell when even the best (perhaps aside from Hester on a great year) runs back more than 2 a year and only 2-3 do that every year...

#103 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

Armanti is too slow with the ball in his hands, and in fact, Munnerlyn looked better returning the ball for us. Armanti is not used at receiver. He's basically taking up a roster spot. I would be astonished if he is here next year.

#104 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Armanti is too slow with the ball in his hands, and in fact, Munnerlyn looked better returning the ball for us. Armanti is not used at receiver. He's basically taking up a roster spot. I would be astonished if he is here next year.

Personally everytime i watched capt get ready to catch a punt i was scared to death until he actually caught it then i was fine, i was the same way with armanti aswell but now i trust armanti alot more then capt... Armanti was never a 4.3 speedster type of a guy, hes slick if he can consistently catch a couple of blocks i bet he would average double maybe even more as much as he does now.

But i will agree, he lacks top end speed and there are alot of people who are faster and can probably return one better then Armanti could... But i think Armanti will be alot more consistent then anyone else on this team and maybe even break one a year... which by the way is a hell of a year.

#105 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

Edwards is not an NFL player. He isn't good. Period. End of story. Please stop making threads once a week about a guy who won't be on the roster next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com