Photo
- - - - -

Kiss my ass, Obama

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#16 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:21 AM

Translation: Meat is pissed about how extremely well Obama is doing so far.

lol

You've been watching MSNBC this whole time, I guess. Or on drugs.

#17 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:40 AM

translation: Meat is pissed about how extremely well obama is doing so far.

Lol

bbojs

#18 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

Anyone ever watch MSNBC... on drugs????

#19 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:17 AM

In America, there is a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive. But in Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual, but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans choose to blame America for much of what is bad. On both sides of the Atlantic, these attitudes have become all too common. They are not wise. They do not represent the truth. They threaten to widen the divide across the Atlantic and leave us both more isolated. They fail to acknowledge the fundamental truth that America cannot confront the challenges of this century alone, but that Europe cannot confront them without America.

I really don't see anything but the truth there.

#20 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:25 AM

Its still way to early to tell if Obama is doing well. So far, all he is doing well at is drawing large crowds, just like his campaign. But at runnign the country, the jury is still out.

He did finally get a Commerce Secretary in place I guess.

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:25 AM

Me neither, but I don't hate America.

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:28 AM

What the Dixie Chick said wasn't untrue, either.

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

I want to be president of France.

Posted Image

#24 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

I watched the speech on the news yesterday, it sounded more like a "don't pick out the splinter in our eye when you have a log in your's" speech/vibe. Which is true, both sides of the Atlantic have an undercurrent of animosity and unease with the other that needs to be lessened. And I don't think it has so much to do with politics as much as culture the last 10-20 years has just started to be derisive to the other. TV, movies, etc.

But I still hate France. Well, at least Parisians. And I'm also on the fence as to what Obama's done so far. My jury is still out.

#25 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

My point is, why do you have to throw Bush under the bus everywhere you go? Bush has never said a bad word about Obama. I don't remember him dogging Clinton, either.

Why not just say "America and Europe have worked together beautifully in the past, and we look forward to doing so in the future."????? If you're secure in your own skin, you'll know that Europe realizes you aren't George W. Bush right off the bat.

Don't say "we have a bunch of people who hate you and you have a bunch of people who hate us". We have been arrogant, but please, please, please like us now.

To be honest, many European countries have deserved to be viewed negatively by the United States.

#26 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

I want to be president of France.

Posted Image

She's teh hot but gotta remember Mick Jagger has been there. So you're also sleeping with David Bowie.

#27 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:39 AM

I watched the speech on the news yesterday, it sounded more like a "don't pick out the splinter in our eye when you have a log in your's" speech/vibe. Which is true, both sides of the Atlantic have an undercurrent of animosity and unease with the other that needs to be lessened. And I don't think it has so much to do with politics as much as culture the last 10-20 years has just started to be derisive to the other. TV, movies, etc.

But I still hate France. Well, at least Parisians. And I'm also on the fence as to what Obama's done so far. My jury is still out.

I wonder if the problem is as bad as we make it out to be. Yes, Europeans have some incorrect assumptions about americans, and vice versa, but they have similar feelings about each other. Brits say bad things about the French, French say bad things about the Germans etc... And here in the US, northerners say bad things about southerners, and vice versa. IMO, its human nature.

#28 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

My point is, why do you have to throw Bush under the bus everywhere you go? Bush has never said a bad word about Obama. I don't remember him dogging Clinton, either.

Why not just say "America and Europe have worked together beautifully in the past, and we look forward to doing so in the future."????? If you're secure in your own skin, you'll know that Europe realizes you aren't George W. Bush right off the bat.

Don't say "we have a bunch of people who hate you and you have a bunch of people who hate us". We have been arrogant, but please, please, please like us now.

To be honest, many European countries have deserved to be viewed negatively by the United States.

I think he was talking about people, not politicians in general. It's true, when we travel to Europe we DO act like idiots. We go to a country and get pissed when they don't speak English? Both sides have things to be ashamed of doing.

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

She's teh hot but gotta remember Mick Jagger has been there. So you're also sleeping with David Bowie.

Believe me, if she was nekkid and on all fours, there would be no thoughts of David Bowie or Mick Jagger on my mind. :)

#30 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

I wonder if the problem is as bad as we make it out to be. Yes, Europeans have some incorrect assumptions about americans, and vice versa, but they have similar feelings about each other. Brits say bad things about the French, French say bad things about the Germans etc... And here in the US, northerners say bad things about southerners, and vice versa. IMO, its human nature.

True. Just wonder how much of it is bluster (for all the assumptions) and how much of it is real and if that keeps work from being done.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com