• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#46 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:51 PM

My point is, why do you have to throw Bush under the bus everywhere you go? Bush has never said a bad word about Obama. I don't remember him dogging Clinton, either.

Why not just say "America and Europe have worked together beautifully in the past, and we look forward to doing so in the future."????? If you're secure in your own skin, you'll know that Europe realizes you aren't George W. Bush right off the bat.

Don't say "we have a bunch of people who hate you and you have a bunch of people who hate us". We have been arrogant, but please, please, please like us now.

To be honest, many European countries have deserved to be viewed negatively by the United States.

No he didn't, he just got his party to do it for him. Look at his race to Governor of Texas, (with an open mind I might add). He has never had a clean race, has always trashed his opposing candidate, but never had direct knowledge. Plausible deniability. That's a mafia term by the way...

#47 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,722 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:55 PM

...and lets not get started on some people who trash Lincoln 150 years later.

#48 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,703 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

I realize that, Shinner. That's why I voted for McCain. Obama represents the "it's our turn now, you just shut up" crowd that has driven this country into the ground. McCain was that rare politician who could work with both sides. He was on older Clinton.

I seem to recall a lot "have a cup of shut the fug up, we're in charge now" t shirts after 9/11.

#49 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

I seem to recall a lot "have a cup of shut the fug up, we're in charge now" t shirts after 9/11.

And how did you like it? Did it make you want to support the president? Would you have preferred that Dumbya worked with liberals or that he tune them out?

#50 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,703 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

Bush had nothing to do with the shirts, and Obama is still a far cry from a real liberal.

It mostly reminded me that a lot of people that I know have more free testosterone than brains, and were ready to have some all out war in the Middle East for whatever reason.

You need to understand (and I think you do) that there are not going to be a lot of big policy moves that you will approve of for the next few years. That does not make them radical, or even all that liberal in many cases. I highly doubt that there will be discussion on the floor of Congress for a Constitutional Amendment banning guns, or other actual "liberal" pipe dreams, like the Republicans did with the marriage crap. Congress and the President are primarily focused on the economy, and the President is making the big picture decisions regarding the Middle East and letting the generals run the war. So far the changes, while a long way from being judged successful or not, show that he is getting a lot of advice from experts, not doing much based on dogma, and leading well. Just remember how Bush did basically nothing in this time other than the tax cuts, and Clinton did way too much controversial stuff out of the gate. Obama appears to be straight down the middle of the two and that must be hard to do.

#51 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

Bush had nothing to do with the shirts, and Obama is still a far cry from a real liberal.

It mostly reminded me that a lot of people that I know have more free testosterone than brains, and were ready to have some all out war in the Middle East for whatever reason.

You need to understand (and I think you do) that there are not going to be a lot of big policy moves that you will approve of for the next few years. That does not make them radical, or even all that liberal in many cases. I highly doubt that there will be discussion on the floor of Congress for a Constitutional Amendment banning guns, or other actual "liberal" pipe dreams, like the Republicans did with the marriage crap. Congress and the President are primarily focused on the economy, and the President is making the big picture decisions regarding the Middle East and letting the generals run the war. So far the changes, while a long way from being judged successful or not, show that he is getting a lot of advice from experts, not doing much based on dogma, and leading well. Just remember how Bush did basically nothing in this time other than the tax cuts, and Clinton did way too much controversial stuff out of the gate. Obama appears to be straight down the middle of the two and that must be hard to do.

World class post!...

#52 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

I found it to be incredibly obtuse.

#53 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,722 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

#54 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg/Greenville

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:32 AM

So is Meat a real person?

Cause I find it hard to believe a real troll could be so dumb.

#55 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:35 AM

So is Meat a real person?

Cause I find it hard to believe a real troll could be so dumb.

You're on the internet to find little boys, aren't you, hdevonxz?

#56 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,703 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

you're on the internet to find little boys, aren't you, hdevonxz?

mission accomplished

#57 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

Translation: Meat is pissed about how extremely well Obama is doing so far.

lol

We've all missed it .... do tell.

#58 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:48 AM

Wow ... just wow ....

#59 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,703 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:56 AM

Must suck to live such an isolated existence down there in hillbilly country.

#60 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

Must suck to live such an isolated existence down there in hillbilly country.

Oh, man ... you just cut me to the core.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.