Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pilares Again

58 posts in this topic

Posted

How Long until he is in the starting lineup? Next year even. I mean he might as well get some shots in the slot.

Kid has swag. He is already our best special teams player by a long shot. Not just returning but in the gun. Kid plays with little fear. Nothing has looked to big for him. He has immediately made an impact on the team.

I'm a huge Gettis fan and I like Edwards but I think Pilares might be something really special.

Posted

He's made 1 good play this year. I'm not quite sure that's enough to call him special.

Posted

He's made 1 good play this year. I'm not quite sure that's enough to call him special.

Well I'm pretty sure you don't watch the games.

1 person likes this

Posted

When you say nothing has looked to big for him... did i miss something big involving Pilares?

Posted

That`s why he`s only made 1 good play. Because he hasn`t had enough playing time or given a chance in the slot yet. Duh....:rolleyes:

Posted

Well I'm pretty sure you don't watch the games.

good point hes made TWO really good plays this year. give the man his dues.

Posted

Needs to work on his speed....Can't outrun a kicker ;)

Srsly though love the spark in the last few games.

Posted

I would like to see a WR besides Smitty have a nasty side, everyone else seems too passive (maybe I'm comparing them to 89 unfairly).

Posted

When he proves himself enough I would imagine.

Hmmm, a kick return fora TD and another 76 yarder for a return. From what I`ve been reading no one else has done that in 8 years at Carolina. He can`t show you what he can do if he`s sitting on the sidelines. That`s why most aren`t impressed yet. Same thing if 89 Smith is standing on the sidelines. What production would you get outta him? Zip, Nada, Zilch...

Posted

How Long until he is in the starting lineup? Next year even. I mean he might as well get some shots in the slot.

Kid has swag. He is already our best special teams player by a long shot. Not just returning but in the gun. Kid plays with little fear. Nothing has looked to big for him. He has immediately made an impact on the team.

I'm a huge Gettis fan and I like Edwards but I think Pilares might be something really special.

He hasn't caught, nor been thrown too, nor even played a snap as a receiver (as far as I can tell). Isn't it just a little silly to be discussing him as a starter at this point?

Posted

Pilares is just a rookie fluke, AE is where our future is at.

Pilares has not been 100% and is recovering. I have no doubt this dude will be mean and earn a roster spot but my worries for him come from being injury prone, but he has the tools and just needs work ethic.

Posted

he can outrun a kicker, he was injured on a previous play, the fact that he did what he did while injured says alot.