Photo
- - - - -

Official Final Four Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#1 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

Damn this week has felt like it has drug by.......I cannot wait for the games tonight

I think these matchups all depend on what team shows up......

If Mich St can hit and plays like they did against Louisville they can and will beat UConn, if they play like the beginning of the season they will be destroyed.

If Carolina plays to win and does not try to "out-talent" Nova, Carolina should win by 10-12 points.....They come into this game buying into their own hype and thinks they can win, because they have more talent..........Nova beats the ever living snot out of them. Nova is too good to be taken lightly

Edited by Tweeder, 04 April 2009 - 07:57 AM.

#2 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

Carolina will definitely have to keep up the intensity on defense and dominate the boards to beat Nova.

The one thing that makes me feel good about this game, is that I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that UNC will come out flat like they did last year.

#3 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

This has been the worst week, I have been nervous all week. I hate Nova's size, to win UNC has to and I mean HAS TO crash the boards.

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

If the Heels score 50 points in the paint (very likely) they'll win in a route.

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

Nova's going to punch UNC in the mouf. If that rattles the heels, Nova takes. If that wakes Carolina up, watch out

#6 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

I agree Nova will smack UNC in the mouth but so long as UNC rebounds and plays their game I think they win by 15. I just hope Roy uses his timeouts if Nova starts getting on a roll, instead of just waiting for UNC to get their head in the game.

#7 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

That is a terribly tough venue to shoot the ball in, and UNC and MSU have both played there. I suspect Villanova gets the punch.

#8 MarkR73

MarkR73

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

I forgot about that win we had against Michigan State in December. We won at their home 98-63. I know they are a completely different team now.

#9 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

Sparty refusing to back down. Even with fouls favoring UConn and Suton being a nonfactor, their pluck still has them in the lead.

#10 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

Walker is absolutely dreadful from the stripe. 1-6 from the ft. ouch Can't win shooting from the FT like that.

#11 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

Sparty refusing to back down. Even with fouls favoring UConn and Suton being a nonfactor, their pluck still has them in the lead.

Fouls don't mean much if Uconn isn't making the FT's and right now they are 12-21 from the line. As long as no one important on Mst fouls out early then MSt. should win it.

#12 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

Mst. could be pulling away, there now up 8 with 7 to go.

#13 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

what a dunk, that was nice.

#14 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

Fouls don't mean much if Uconn isn't making the FT's and right now they are 12-21 from the line. As long as no one important on Mst fouls out early then MSt. should win it.

The way Summers, Green, and Lucious have stepped up, Sparty could survive foul outs. A Kalin Lucas foulout would be the only BIG trouble for them.

#15 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

Nice the way the homecourt thing worked out for the Spartans...This game should be played in New Orleans every year.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com