Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gabeking

Best run stuffing DT in this draft?

15 posts in this topic

There's no way in hell Ron Edwards being healthy solidifies the position. You have 2 rookies at a position that typically takes over a season to develop into...who have shown virtually no improvement. If we can upgrade, see if you can upgrade and snag someone in the draft. The game is won in the trenches and we get NO push. We rely on speed and flashy moves at the ends.

We keep the rookies, maybe Fua is demoted...Ron Comes back...yeah I think we can upgrade over a freakin Neblett. This position is too important to bet on two rookies who have shown next to nothing.

You could argue Thompson's biggest strengths are against the run. Look at how Clemson stopped VT earlier this year. I think he could be very good.

I'm all for a trade down this season more than ever to rack up as much defensive talent as you can.

Devon Still wont go in the second round. If anybody it's Poe and Brandon thompson.

Yeah thats still good, take couples and grab one of those two in the second would be a great move to me cuz of how talented the D line would instantly be.

That'd be beauty...a good d-line does wonders for a defense, benefits both LBs and DBs

Looks a little slow off the line, but otherwise he looks like a beast.

Still don't think we take a DT unless Lout's scenario plays out.

That'd be beauty...a good d-line does wonders for a defense, benefits both LBs and DBs

I agree and there is a chance that they might not be able to fix the whole d next year anyway. The best approach teams have started to take is focusing on the D line and then address other positions later because it can elevate the entire defense. That has been the Lions approach over the past 2 years and its worked for them, Tampa Bay has done it too. I just think if they went this route, the improvement would be just as significant as addressing multiple positions.