Photo
- - - - -

Man thinks Obama is going to ban guns, so he gets his rounds off while he can

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#16 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

The stupidity and lack of mental stability of the few ruin everything for the many law abiding citizens

#17 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

Im ready for WW3. Plus let some one i do not know come in my house...If my guns dont do the job i have a couple of Katanas

Although I havent done any thing with my guns lately....too expensive right now to go to the range...so I just clean them and shed a tear.................

#18 Shamrock

Shamrock

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

This is one time that I'm going to ask that we don't get in a political argument in the face of tragedy.

This morning, I had seen this blip on the CNN news ticker, and thought "could it be?" but then thought, nah - what are the odds??? And I went about my business, going to the park with the kids, etc.

I received a call about 30 mins after the names were released earlier today from another mutual friend up in Pittsburgh. I was just FLOORED, to put this mildly.

Paul Sciullo was just one of the three killed in Pittsburgh, but these were the first three cops killed in the line of duty in Pittsburgh since 1996. Despite what people say about Pittsburgh, it is a city that prides itself for being safe. I was always able to walk about with my kids, and feel safe.

Paul was someone I hired at Mellon Financial back in 2000, and he was an excellent employee. He became a friend. Someone that I still talked to long after. He was Italian to the core, loved his mother, and lived two houses down from her. When he was laid off, he made a decision to serve. It was going to be the Army or the police force. His mother is one of the ones that talked him out of the Army. The first-generation immigrant did not want to lose her son to war. But he chose the police force.

I received an email from him not long after he passed basic training, and he was so proud, but had "not seen any action yet"... About 3-4 weeks ago, he had said that he was never happier. "This was the best decision I ever made," he said. He was now seeing action, working some of the more shady areas of town, and not always being dispatched with someone else by his side. Asked if he was ever scared, his reply was always "nah, not really".

He was a good person, a genuine and caring friend, and is going to be greatly missed by all of us that knew him.

I was just out tonight watching the Tarheel-Nova game with Mush somewhere, and the news had cut in with the story. Paul had been reduced to a 3-second news soundbite. And it upset me. All I could think was - his poor mother. She has lost her son. And he is only worth 3 seconds now.

So I ask, just this once, can we just save the debate? My friend got shot in the head defending people. This guy had a bullet-proof vest, a 22-caliber rifle, and an AK-47, and he was ready to ambush the 5 cops that showed up on his "domestic" call. I don't really care right now who's right or who's wrong.

Paul was 37. He didn't yet have time for the wife and kids to enter his days - he was too busy serving people like us.

I just miss my friend. Godspeed.

http://www.odmp.org/...aul-sciullo-iii

Edited by Redwing, 04 April 2009 - 10:18 PM.

#19 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,503 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

If everyone had guns, obviously this would have never happened.

#20 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

This is one time that I'm going to ask that we don't get in a political argument in the face of tragedy.

This morning, I had seen this blip on the CNN news ticker, and thought "could it be?" but then thought, nah - what are the odds??? And I went about my business, going to the park with the kids, etc.

I received a call about 30 mins after the names were released earlier today from another mutual friend up in Pittsburgh. I was just FLOORED, to put this mildly.

Paul Sciullo was just one of the three killed in Pittsburgh, but these were the first three cops killed in the line of duty in Pittsburgh since 1996. Despite what people say about Pittsburgh, it is a city that prides itself for being safe. I was always able to walk about with my kids, and feel safe.

Paul was someone I hired at Mellon Financial back in 2000, and he was an excellent employee. He became a friend. Someone that I still talked to long after. He was Italian to the core, loved his mother, and lived two houses down from her. When he was laid off, he made a decision to serve. It was going to be the Army or the police force. His mother is one of the ones that talked him out of the Army. The first-generation immigrant did not want to lose her son to war. But he chose the police force.

I received an email from him not long after he passed basic training, and he was so proud, but had "not seen any action yet"... About 3-4 weeks ago, he had said that he was never happier. "This was the best decision I ever made," he said. He was now seeing action, working some of the more shady areas of town, and not always being dispatched with someone else by his side. Asked if he was ever scared, his reply was always "nah, not really".

He was a good person, a genuine and caring friend, and is going to be greatly missed by all of us that knew him.

I was just out tonight watching the Tarheel-Nova game with Mush somewhere, and the news had cut in with the story. Paul had been reduced to a 3-second news soundbite. And it upset me. All I could think was - his poor mother. She has lost her son. And he is only worth 3 seconds now.

So I ask, just this once, can we just save the debate? My friend got shot in the head defending people. This guy had a bullet-proof vest, a 22-caliber rifle, and an AK-47, and he was ready to ambush the 5 cops that showed up on his "domestic" call. I don't really care right now who's right or who's wrong.

Paul was 37. He didn't yet have time for the wife and kids to enter his days - he was too busy serving people like us.

I just miss my friend. Godspeed.

http://www.odmp.org/...aul-sciullo-iii

Because they are authority figures, we sometimes dehumanize cops. But for every jerk in blue, there are many more out there like your friend, just making an honest living doing the things most of us wouldn't or couldn't do. I'm very sorry about your loss.

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:11 AM

Everyone is a responsible gun owner until someone accidentally gets shot.

#22 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,694 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:16 AM

He's not going to ban guns...He's going to ban ammo.

You really believe that? Amazing how people believe this will happen heard teh other day ammo was in short supply because people think this.

Sorry Redwing for your lose. But we should be able to debate this at alot of stupid rumors are being floated around about banning ammo.

#23 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

You really believe that? Amazing how people believe this will happen heard teh other day ammo was in short supply because people think this.

Sorry Redwing for your lose. But we should be able to debate this at alot of stupid rumors are being floated around about banning ammo.

Yup, I do.

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

It was a typo in the teleprompter. He meant Elmo. He is going to ban Elmo.

#25 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

Everyone is a responsible gun owner until someone accidentally gets shot.

people with guns in their home are 3 times more likely to be killed by a gun, and 5 times more likely to commit suicide. hard to consider someone responsible who puts their children in that situation.

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

people with guns in their home are 3 times more likely to be killed by a gun, and 5 times more likely to commit suicide. hard to consider someone responsible who puts their children in that situation.

And people who drive a car are more likely to die in an auto crash than those that take the bus. Damned irresponsible car owners.

#27 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Tom Selleck has a much better moustache than Rosie O'Donnell.

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

And people who drive a car are more likely to die in an auto crash than those that take the bus. Damned irresponsible car owners.

cars have a primary purpose other than killing people.

#29 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

your avatar looks like a tranny.

#30 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:33 AM

cars have a primary purpose other than killing people.

guns do too.

Posted Image

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com