71 replies to this topic

#61 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

That's fine, but it does not make the numbers "liberal statistics". No one is "trying to take your guns away". That idea works for NRA recruiting efforts and much less effectively these days for red states. As we get more urbanized, more people understand the need to rational discussion on the issue, and not screaming "COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!" at the top of their lungs everytime they see a Democrat.

#62 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

Democrats are the only real powers that look to reduce even basic 2nd amendment rights.

DC gun ban was a perfect example. And the use of "gun crowd" and other besmirching labels to gun owners doesn't help. I own a shotty, a deer rifle, and a pistol. Pistol is for home protection...triggerlocked. Never been an issue. The problem is nutball liberals that equate gun nuts as anyone that owns >0 weapons.

#63 BMorgan

BMorgan

The Mad Mead Maker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

This is such liberal B.S. Of course if you own a gun, your risk goes up versus somebody who doesn't own a gun. Jesus Christ man. Maybe liberals should try sampling people outside of their own demographic once in awhile.

I would say those statements are more anti-gun than liberal in general (not all libs are against responsible gun ownership).

I believe the second half of the statement should probably say "5 times more likely to successfully commit suicide." If someone is suicidal, they will attempt it whether they have a gun or not. But since a gun is much quicker and more effective compared to most other methods, the success rate is greater than popping pills, slitting wrists, sitting in running car in a garage, etc.

#64 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,596 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

That was my thought, I was gonna say the more telling statistic would be comparing attempted suicides.

#65 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hmm. If we would get a program going to encourage Baby Boomers to buy more guns, we might solve the social security problem.

#66 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

Democrats are the only real powers that look to reduce even basic 2nd amendment rights.

DC gun ban was a perfect example. And the use of "gun crowd" and other besmirching labels to gun owners doesn't help. I own a shotty, a deer rifle, and a pistol. Pistol is for home protection...triggerlocked. Never been an issue. The problem is nutball liberals that equate gun nuts as anyone that owns >0 weapons.

Is a shotty a kind of gun or a girlfriend?

#67 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

lol

[ame][/ame]

#68 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

:lol:

#69 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

That video is racist.

#70 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

That video is pretty accurate.

#71 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:34 PM

On opposite day.

#72 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

it woulda kept this guy from owning a gun, and the guy who shot three cops in Pittsburgh three days ago.

No it wouldn't...cripes, people still push this BS? Sure, it would have stopped him from buying a gun from a licensed dealer, but that's about it. Plenty of shady aholes around that are quite willing to sell a gun to anyone that has the cash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.