• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,321 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

linguist from around the world have still been unable to translate brandon lafells tweets thoa.

Better to be a cunning linguist than a master debater, I always say.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,389 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

i follow most of the players, but there's a couple i avoid, lafell's being one of them. i think his tweets broke babel fish when i tried to translate them.

#18 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Last year Lafell dropped passes he tryed to catch with his body. Now he's attacking each pass with his hands. I honestly don't know if he truly has one drop this year. Oh and that one pass last week doesn't count as a drop.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,389 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

Last year Lafell dropped passes he tryed to catch with his body. Now he's attacking each pass with his hands. I honestly don't know if he truly has one drop this year. Oh and that one pass last week doesn't count as a drop.

according to stats.com on 37 targets this year he's had 2 drops.

not sure when they are referring to, but they are usually pretty dead on.

still, that isn't bad at all.

#20 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

It was only a matter of time.

He makes some really tough plays. He also seems to pop up when we need a big play. I think that could become even more noticeable when we start winning.

He's been surprisingly good down the field, but I really like his potential in the intermediate routes. I am hoping Gettis comes back strong and can push safeties deeper and LaFell can eat them up underneath.

#21 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,199 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Good, if nothing else it's an investment in the future (finding out of LaFell can get it done).

#22 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

It's about damn time.

#23 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,998 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Could we run this offense with 2 #2 WR's and an elite TE?

#24 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,754 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Noooooooo LEGATRON!!!!

#25 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,984 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

HE

DAT

DEAL

abc

#26 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,389 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Could we run this offense with 2 #2 WR's and an elite TE?

i don't know.

probably. if we keep spreading the ball around why not? pats and saints have done really well without elite talent catching the ball over the years.

#27 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

i don't know.

probably. if we keep spreading the ball around why not? pats and saints have done really well without elite talent catching the ball over the years.

No, not in this offense. This offense needs an elite WR to run at maximum capacity. Show me any great offense that did not have a great WR in NFL history and I'll show you a stat line that suggests they pride themselves on the dink and dunk. We are a vertical offense. We need an elite WR who can go down the field and get the ball better than anyone else on the field, but more importantly, will draw attention to himself. You think the TE's would be as open underneath as they are without Smitty carrying two and three guys down the field on any given play? You think the underneath routes and short stuff would be there without him commanding that kind of attention? No.

An elite wide receiver is a priority in this offense.

#28 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,754 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

Without Legatron we will fail. He takes all the coverage away from everyone else on the field with his elite skills. Triple coverage on Naanee = Smith wide open. Think people.

Posted Image

#29 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,389 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

maybe.

still think that as long as we have a reliable downfield threat or two that would be enough as long as you had enough going on in other places that you the defense would have to be spread out. wouldn't necessarily have to be an elite WR, imo.

#30 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

maybe.

still think that as long as we have a reliable downfield threat or two that would be enough as long as you had enough going on in other places that you the defense would have to be spread out. wouldn't necessarily have to be an elite WR, imo.

I like the math of one player drawing the attention of 3 players over three players drawing the attention of three players any day. You think Cam would have all that room when he scrambles without the attention Smiths brings? Why do you think the players in the Secondary typically have to come from all the ay across the field to get in to position to tackle him?

I just don't know that people truly grasp what Smith does for this offense. It's monumental.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com