• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

I like the math of one player drawing the attention of 3 players over three players drawing the attention of three players any day. You think Cam would have all that room when he runs without the attention SMiths brings?

I just don't know that people truly grasp what Smith does for this offense. It's monumental.

no....i think this year smith is vital to newton's success.

as newton grows in his ability and decision making he will rely on smith less, imo.

i don't see any scenario in the next couple years short of smith getting hurt where we'd have to see an offense without smith taking the heat from multiple defenders so i'm not sure why it's an issue or why it was brought up.

#32 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

Because the day WILL come when we will have to make a move to put an elite player at that position.

#33 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 25,016 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

Lafell WILL never be elite.

#34 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Because the day WILL come when we will have to make a move to put an elite player at that position.

i hope we do.

i just don't think it's something we need to address right away nor is it something that is vital depending on the playcalling and the other receivers available. it would be a sweet luxury but i think the offense is high powered enough that it could do well with just reliable and respectable receivers. elite would just put them over the top.

one guy i like a lot is that mohammed sanu from rutgers. some talk about him possibly coming out this year but if he stuck around another year we could draft him then.

dude reminds me a lot of lafell as far as being physical only more versatile. if we had him and lafell along with gettis and an elite TE i think that would be enough to get the job done.

#35 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

I still think Gettis will be #2 but this is LaFells chance to prove he's not just a blocking WR.

#HuddleLogic

#36 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

I kinda saw this coming after seeing Naanee play after it was reported that Lafell would start over him due to injury. RR don't want to come outright and say that he was wrong. But he had to continue to play Naanee to get to this point and remove any and all uncertainty.

#37 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

I kinda saw this coming after seeing Naanee play after it was reported that Lafell would start over him due to injury. RR don't want to come outright and say that he was wrong. But he had to continue to play Naanee to get to this point and remove any and all uncertainty.

:confused:

wrong about what?

#38 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,836 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

One nasty stiff arm and Lafell = Anquan Boldin.

I <3 the huddle.

#39 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,209 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm still pissed that fuger blocked me from his twitter account

#40 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Great. Now we can't stop talking about this. I swear we had a 'LaFell should be WR2" every week.

#41 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

woohoo

#42 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,138 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

naanee vs nickelbacks might be interesting to watch.

#43 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,633 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

Why is it hard to understand that the situation has changed a dozen weeks into the season?

Rivera said that Naanee was needed to help the offense run smoothly on the field until the other players were able to do it on their own. Considering the number of new players to the system, not to mention the youth at certain key positions, it's no surprise that we went with Naanee early.

#44 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

Simple. Naanee is what he is vs. LaFell young with potential.

We've reached that point where we are basically just toying with line ups to evaluate players for next year while still trying to be competitive.

Really hope LaFell continues to play well, but obviously a move that probably could've been made long ago.

#45 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,551 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Should've happened a while ago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com